VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys ever been promised a priority order by a dearer or broker?
... I've had my 140 Highline Kombi on order for over six months...received an email from the brokers a week ago to say that the van had been damaged on route to the supplying dealers...I must confess that I have my suspicions after they were able to offer me a van of the same spec. but without with the towbar/sunroof/twin side doors that I had ordered - as I had ordered through the broker I think that the dealer got a good offer from a customer when my van became available from VW...they just told the broker that the van was damaged and trousered the discount that would have been going to the broker.
Anyway I've been promised a priority factory order of "about 8 weeks" ...so is this bull**** or is there such a thing as a priority order for a delivery damaged vehicle?

Exman

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Just ask for the build number, and check with VW UK.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Oli,

made the mistake of trusting a broker by the name of B-- A C-- (fill in the blanks) :*

Exman

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sounds like the same thing or very similar has happened to someone I know ,they have delayed his new van saying it was damaged on delivery.(That old chestnut)
I will find out details when I next see him.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Its called an SLi number, you can then check out whats happened.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Similar happened to me , from a dealer 11 weeks waiting and 10 days before delivery i asked to be invoice for the remainder of the deposit an hour later oh where so sorry weve ordered you a panel van not a kombi , beleived them not for a minute but what can i do they promised to alter someone elses order 8 weeks from factory , i went to the dealer within 7 days to collect a rental van , " the panel van they said that would be hard to get rid of as it was over spec'd " was nowhere to be seen ?? 8 weeks later i had my kombi

·
Registered
691 Posts
Dont sound right :*
Well bad happens some times could be damaged
As for ordering wrong van or kombi :(
Dealers all got new ordering windows based system spring 2012 i think to make orders easier

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess it all hinges on the fact that the Transporter is a sort-after commodity and there is always somebody out there willing to hand-over their hard-earned money to get one -and possibly jump the waiting list queue- if a dealer or broker is offered over the odds for a van - then it's all about their integrity and honesty!

Hopefully the new Volkswagen vehicle tracker website will allow us to track the orders and be alerted to any problems....but then again that's providing you can obtain the Unique Reference Number!
Exman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts