VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've been looking at the pro sport coilovers for a while now, generally reviews seem to be 50/50 but at £260 if they only last a year or so it will give me time to save for something better.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had pro sport on my last van and they ruined it

I swapped them over for h&r springs with standard shocks and although it was not as low as coilovers they transformed the van, made it much more comfortable and a pleasure to drive again, I'm now saving up for bilstiens for my new van

I wouldn't put pro sports on my van now even if they were free.

Jason

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have pro sport coil overs on my van had them on there for close to 30000 miles and I have had no problems at all and yes that is 30000 miles and the ride is very good

·
Registered
130 Posts
^^^^^^^

You have obviously never driven a car/van that handles well and ride well. Full suspension that costs £250 quid is not going to be worth fitting.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Avoid pro sport coilovers like the plague. They are a generic 'universal' strut and damper known to fail in no time whatsoever, literally designed to drop the van - don't expect any refinements and budget for a good chiropractor too!

You'd be better off putting up with the ride height until you can afford a setup that does what its supposed to do and dampen the ride with some element of comfort.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts