VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Formerly known as marcus250
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just looking at different springs etc for my swb 2.5tdi. Weight wise I have a 3/4 rock n roll bed and ikea cupboards down the side. No sink or hob etc and even when camping we travel pretty light as we only camp for a few days at a time. No gas bottles or leisure battery in the back (gonna fit one of them in the engine bay!!).

I've seen some Pro Sport 60mm lowering springs on Bluebird Customs site which are priced at £65 delivered. Anyone had these and are they ok?? All it says is they're ok for light-medium weight swb vans. Currently i'm on heavy duty standard springs which makes the ride horrible as i don't carry weight. I want a decent looking drop too. Currently on 15" steels but hoping for 17" or 18" alloys sometime.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,
Mark :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Well if you think the ride is horrible now ,I wouldnt put 18s on ,I had 2 lots on and the ride is rubbish so I went down to 17s and thats a big difference ,I'm in the process now looking for springs ,but would like eibachs T:

·
Formerly known as marcus250
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i'd probably go for 17's as they seem cheaper anyway. Thats another minefield etc regarding load rating etc etc!!! I'd recommend eibachs...had them on many cars before and they're great but knowing someone in the trade a while back used to help as i got HUGE discounts. Sadly he is no longer in the trade and the eibachs are expensive plus they don't drop the van as much as i'd like :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts