VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and couldn't find a recent answer so i'll ask :)

I have a T5 from 2006.

Been looking at upgrading the RCD200.

It's the rectangular kind thats fitted with 4 clips in the corners, not bolted in.

Looks like there are more options for the newer models, i.e. bolted in (post 2010 vans)

So is there a good looking face plate / adapter plate that I can use to essentially convert the 2003-2009 T5 radio hole to a 2010+ style hole?

Ta.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have searched and couldn't find a recent answer so i'll ask :)

I have a T5 from 2006.

Been looking at upgrading the RCD200.

It's the rectangular kind thats fitted with 4 clips in the corners, not bolted in.

Looks like there are more options for the newer models, i.e. bolted in (post 2010 vans)

So is there a good looking face plate / adapter plate that I can use to essentially convert the 2003-2009 T5 radio hole to a 2010+ style hole?

Ta.
Proud owner of a 2005 T5 here...

From what I've read, whilst by no means impossible, it's certainly a bit of a PITA to retrofit a >2010 head unit in a <2010 van.

There's plenty of decent aftermarket units which do fit - I have a Kenwood DMX8019DABS unit which slotted straight in with no issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers. Thats what I thought but still on the lookout for a faceplate.
If I had a 3d printer i might do my own but...

Thanks for the kenwood info. It's a big chunk of change though.
(I just bought some touran seats and aftermarket heaters to go in the front, so i have a project while I figure out the stereo)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts