VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some cheap but genuine front mud flaps to go on my 02 Caravelle but the holes don't line up with the ones on the 'velle? :confused:

It must have originally had a set because on the passanger side the bolts were still there with some of the rubber from the original mud flaps.

The flaps marry up to the wheel arch but the holes don't and also seem to be higher than the the holes in the wheel arch???

Any advice/opinions? Thanks T:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I seem to recall the mudflaps for the velle are different to those for the panel van. I got a set of rear mudflaps from the dealers a few months back - not cheap, but fitted fine.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would explain it, but I thought I was being smart by checking the T4srus website and they only seem to sell one type of front mud flap, quote "Suitable for ALL T4's 1990>2003" - perhaps this is not the case then?

Perhaps I'll check with VW.

Thanks T:

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
That would explain it, but I thought I was being smart by checking the T4srus website and they only seem to sell one type of front mud flap, quote "Suitable for ALL T4's 1990>2003" - perhaps this is not the case then?

Perhaps I'll check with VW.

Thanks T:
There is a difference if your bus has air-conditioning not sure if the front or back are effected.
The quote is inaccurate I would think :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No aircon, unfortunately, though I'm pretty sure it only effects the rear mud flaps.
I was under the impression that the fronts were all the same - seemingly not! :blg

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Later vans have different shaped bumpers too - may be an issue? :*

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm having my front mudguards off this week. Keeping the rears but getting rid of the fronts.

If the Op wants me to measure them up - can do so easily. It's a short nosed, late bumpered panel van (sounds a bit like a bizarre insult), so maybe will partially shed some light on things?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I want to add some mud flaps to my van (late model short nose panel) - where is the best place to get them from?

I see T4sRUS are about £72 for a full set... is this about right?

Also, can you get them with white VW logo, or are they all black?

Cheers.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm having my front mudguards off this week. Keeping the rears but getting rid of the fronts.

If the Op wants me to measure them up - can do so easily. It's a short nosed, late bumpered panel van (sounds a bit like a bizarre insult), so maybe will partially shed some light on things?
Sorry to jump on someone's thread but are you selling your front mudflaps? Interested if you are mate :)

Cheers Jared

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I will be selling them but will be away for a couple of weeks so will have to hang on until beginning of September.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Cheers pal key me know when ya ready please thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts