VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 929 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done a bit more work to get the old girl down a couple mm lower again,think i'm bout as low as you can go on front as i had to clear a bit of the bodywork by the anti-roll bar with the grinder as i was getting some contact,unless i can can get some shorter drop links? anyway a couple of updated pics.

What do you think guys? should i continue Project Low or leave it at this and be happy??T:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
fantastic looking van there T: keep on with the lowness for sure

what amount of thread have you keft on the front bolts with that drop

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
sits sweet dude,have u had to do all the grinding out of the front plate where the bump stop fits?the front of mine was wound down to the point where the treaded bar was inside the nuts!i was running 16`s with streched 195/50`s,if u wanna go lower try that man should think that`d give u another 1"/1-5",lows the only way to go!got a t5 in the week,am suffering from major vertigo!:ILU:

B

·
0 Posts

What have you done with the rear bumpstops? you got any pics? T:

lol anymore and you'll have to tub it

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys, thanx for the good comments,what a quick response from all of you,rite will attempt to answer questions,
Mick B,because i've removed 3/4's of the front bumpstops its allowed more scope for getting it lower,still got bout 20mm left on torsions.

Maf Def, yeah i've knotched the damper top plates where the bumpstops are to allow more movement,as above i've got about bout 20mm left of bumpstops and reshaped them.

Bananavan, Dude loving those photoshop skills,how could i not continue with project low after seeing her like that!! wont be happy until she looks like that on my drive. As for bumpstops their cut down and reshaped and to be fair its only sat a couple of mm off the stops there.Next job will be to take bumpstop tubes off and chop down,then reweld back on.

Pearly Whites, Have thought bout sidebars but have just fabricated a side exit exhaust and fitted and would be in the way.

Again cheers for the comments people,Project Low WILL continue,need to all get our info together and put together a Project Low thread similiar to the Project Power!
Gaz.:ILU:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Hey guys, thanx for the good comments,what a quick response from all of you,rite will attempt to answer questions,
Mick B,because i've removed 3/4's of the front bumpstops its allowed more scope for getting it lower,still got bout 20mm left on torsions.

Maf Def, yeah i've knotched the damper top plates where the bumpstops are to allow more movement,as above i've got about bout 20mm left of bumpstops and reshaped them.

Bananavan, Dude loving those photoshop skills,how could i not continue with project low after seeing her like that!! wont be happy until she looks like that on my drive. As for bumpstops their cut down and reshaped and to be fair its only sat a couple of mm off the stops there.Next job will be to take bumpstop tubes off and chop down,then reweld back on.

Pearly Whites, Have thought bout sidebars but have just fabricated a side exit exhaust and fitted and would be in the way.

Again cheers for the comments people,Project Low WILL continue,need to all get our info together and put together a Project Low thread similiar to the Project Power!
Gaz.:ILU:
I have cut my bump stops down but I wouldn't mind seeing pics of how you did all this T:

B

·
0 Posts
There must be some serious Neg camber on yer front wheels!
how you sorting that ?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
one big question although who cares just look at it

what does it ride like :confused:T:T:T:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
As far as the negative cambers concerned i haven't touched it yet till i get it to it's final resting place but i think i'm gonna struggle to get it anywhere near to be honest and i quite like the neg' camber look front and rear,wont do the tyres any good i know.
As far as the rides concerned it's pretty good to be fair,got Avo adjustables to help control things,was horrendous before i did the front mods as it was fully sat on the bumpstops.
All in all if you wanna slammed ride you gotta put up with a bit of pain eh!!
Cheers for the comments guys,makes all the hard work worth it.
Gaz.T:

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Whereabouts in the county are you Browner?

Only i keep seein a red van that could be you,usually in the morning at about 8.10 on the Bissoe road and always get a waveA:

I went this low but got fed up with catching the arches when turning

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Na not me bud,im down in cornwall,i'll always wave back though to anyone who's willing to do the same, your looking low there bud,thats what i'm after getting the arches over the tyre,how did you get it down there?? i'm starting to come up against anti-roll bars touching etc now.
Gaz.

1 - 20 of 929 Posts