VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've finally gotten around to fitting my PP nozzles and, you know what?, they flippin' awesome. Why I fanny-ed around and waited so long I do not know but family life gets in the way sometimes.
Previously I'd de-catted the exhaust & blanked off the EGR so my ACV 102hp long nose Caravelle ran fairly well.
But now it's like someone has added about an extra third of an engine. T:
I had the idle fueling adjusted this morning and a re-map is due soon but my suggestion to everyone with a 2.5TDi is do this modification A:
There is more torque across the range, I am changing gear less frequently & feel like I now need a 6th.
The only downside I've found so far is on the damp roundabout last night in 3rd at under 30mph the front end just span up I:
With my '52 plate long nose there was enough to do the job by only removing the undertray, intercooler, the two feed pipes to it & the twin fan setup. Granted I had help from my tame pro-mechanic, his 2 post lift and tools (thanks Jamie)
If you are interested in the conversion talk to Rake, please note I've no connection to him other than as a very happy customer.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Toatal cost so far dude. I know how much the nozzles are, but reading what rake had said , I just need to check that my engine is sound before I go fitting them bad boys

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was lazy and bought the EGR blank from Brickwerks for a fiver, the 'de-cat' pipe was under £30, new copper washers from TPS for about 3 quid, and the VAGCOM idle fueling adjustment was a tenner.
I am fortunate that I don't have to pay money for any labour costs - what goes around, comes around.
My total outlay is just over £200, which is a fantastic value £/bhp/smilespergallon.

When I got my Bus I ran my engine bog stock for a few months to get to know it, then I did the EGR blank & 'de-cat' then a few months later I got around to the PP conversion. My engine is now on 141k miles with fVWsh.

·
6,678 Posts
what sort of results are ppl getting with a 2.5 tdi 102 and doing the injectors and remap only????
155 BHP for me.

Was up to 167 but smokey so cranked back to 155 however the exhaust added later has improved it to the measure of 160 odd.

One guy got 172 BHP which surprised me !

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts