VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all has anyone done the 150 bhp on a syncro do you think the system could handle it people spoke of it being an option of 150bhp on german t4 does anyone know whether that included the syncro cheers all

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
someone on here is doing some engine mods on a syncro bigger nozzles etc i believe the restriction on a syncro is how much tourqe the synro system can take....so its all down to the engine remapping....... I:

saying that a 4x4 specialst would be able to uprate the system to handle more tourge, try allards ....... :ILU:

·
6,703 Posts
OK Phoenix is doing PP on his syncro now.

The VC will only take 290NM so this requires the map tweaking so that the power comes on smooth and does not exceed 290nm at the VC.

Chipwizards will do the remap.

Hope this answers your Q.

If not please let me know.

Regards.

Ron.

·
Registered
747 Posts
hi all has anyone done the 150 bhp on a syncro do you think the system could handle it people spoke of it being an option of 150bhp on german t4 does anyone know whether that included the syncro cheers all
Apparently as someone said they did do a 151 PS syncro but they are pretty rare. One Here Seems to have a slightly premium price to!!

I'll try and find out if anything is uprated but as mentioned I think they came with the same 295Nm of Torque as the 2WD 151PS.

·
6,703 Posts
Apparently as someone said they did do a 151 PS syncro but they are pretty rare. One Here Seems to have a slightly premium price to!!

I'll try and find out if anything is uprated but as mentioned I think they came with the same 295Nm of Torque as the 2WD 151PS.
Jobs a good'n by the sounds - well done.

·
6,703 Posts
Yep, I'm gearing up now. Plan is to fit a stainless system with a single backbox by next week as my exhaust is shot anyway. Are you running straight through or single backbox?

I've just bought some crows feet wrenches ready to fit the nozzles. Bit organized for me really. :)
Tip on removing the injectors.

Find a not that will go in the top of the injector and use the nut to twist and pull ;)

Regarding the pipe, I run blueflame boxes, 2 of as they do help keeping smoke down but they are also fairly unrestrictive.

2.5 inch all the way....

Now that you mention exhausts,

How do you like the look of this baby...

Soon to be released on you lot from within the Project Power Batcave.

Its not my production I cannot take credit for it but credit is all it will get.

2.5 inch downpipe......The T4 downpipe is tiny...

G

·
does the top right part replace the elbow on the turbo? the original part looks really restrictive sort of splits into two parts then back into one on the inside of the casting?

I could never see the point of having a bigger bore Exhaust when the turbo manifold remains the original size but by the looks of that ........:db

·
Registered
147 Posts
yup,that just loverly T: ,it's a shame i have a new stainless cat replacement pipe fitted,this would of been so much sweeterA:
how much is this trinket going for ?
regards jon

·
Registered
747 Posts
Looks nice Rake!!! When will it be available?

Theres a guy on the German T4 forum running an Audi Turbo petrol engine out of an S4 in his Syncro with 290hp and over 400Nm of torque. I've asked him and he reckons there is no problem for the VC or rear diff with this amount of power, his gearbox is the weak bit.

Thinking about it now, didn't they do a Golf G60 Rallye which used a VC and they definately tune those up to over 200hp.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Rake, from Bananavans pic, looks like your downpipe will do away with the sh**e exhaust c clamp joints, ie no more squeeking?

Shame the flanges aren't stainless though??

Looking really good... Want one

:ILU:

·
6,703 Posts
Furthermore the elbow at the turbo end is totally derestricted.

this is gonna be better than the 2.5 inch pipe from cat back.....

·
Registered
747 Posts
OK Phoenix is doing PP on his syncro now.

The VC will only take 290NM so this requires the map tweaking so that the power comes on smooth and does not exceed 290nm at the VC.

Chipwizards will do the remap.

Hope this answers your Q.

If not please let me know.

Regards.

Ron.
Finally fitted the PP nozzles today. I originally bought them over 3 years ago from Ron. I: Really impressed with the result. *<:)>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts