VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Hi Rake,
Just wanted to ask if you are still producing the PP2 injectors.
I have a 1999 lwb T4 which i use as my works van and am getting tired of constantly changing down at the first sign of a hill.
The engine is the 88bhp AJT engine and i really dont want to go down the intercooler route.
My plan is the PP2 injectors, a decent air filter kit, new exhaust and a remap mainly to improve the torque figure..

Can you tell me the usual procedure and price please?

Thanks

Wayne
Hi Wayne, as your van is a 1999 you need to check if you have the older ECU which needs the chip replacing before you can remap.

If it has a 2 pin connector on the MAP sensor and a vac pipe going in to the ECU it is the older type.

If it has a 4 pin sensor it is the later type and can be remapped without changing the chip.

We now offer the newer PP0.5 Injectors as opposed to the PP2 Stanadynes, they are a lot better and dont even need a remap, although a remap can be done at any time after.

They typically give 125 bhp on a stock van.

Check out the thread here - PP0.5 - The New PP2 Injector

They have also given 150 bhp on one chaps van with one of our new 2.5 inch exhausts.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi Rake,
Just wanted to ask if you are still producing the PP2 injectors.
I have a 1999 lwb T4 which i use as my works van and am getting tired of constantly changing down at the first sign of a hill.
The engine is the 88bhp AJT engine and i really dont want to go down the intercooler route.
My plan is the PP2 injectors, a decent air filter kit, new exhaust and a remap mainly to improve the torque figure..

Can you tell me the usual procedure and price please?

Thanks

Wayne

If your going to do all this work you should fit an intercooler as it alone can add 10 - 20 bhp when mapped where an air filter is only about 2 bhp.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi all
I've installed Bosch injectors with 0.216 nozzles in my 2.5 tdi 88bhp t4 and intercooler

Question is when others have done this it obviously doesn't idle correctly
But do your vans feel rough and missing when driving before the remap?

Worried I've messed it up
:*

·
Registered
52 Posts
Fitted pp1 injectors to my 02 velle acv 102bhp.

Van ran smoothly with the old injectors and the new injectors are no different. Idle is smooth as are all other characteristics of engine performance (no adjustments or alterations necessary).

Smoke is minimal and barely visible and driveability is vastly enhanced with lots more useable torque throughout the rev range. In short, a great upgrade with no shortcomings, just need to book the remap at chipwizards to maximise the power potential from the new injectors.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Fitted pp1 injectors to my 02 velle acv 102bhp.

Van ran smoothly with the old injectors and the new injectors are no different. Idle is smooth as are all other characteristics of engine performance (no adjustments or alterations necessary).

Smoke is minimal and barely visible and driveability is vastly enhanced with lots more useable torque throughout the rev range. In short, a great upgrade with no shortcomings, just need to book the remap at chipwizards to maximise the power potential from the new injectors.
Hi SKIP LICKER , I'm trying to send you PM, but your Inbox is full. If you clear some messages, I can reply to your question about the screws.

Sorry to post on the thread. Will delete this post as soon as problem solved.

·
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Hello from france what can be done for performance upgrade with 2.5 TDI AXL engine ?
Tks
We can supply you with PP1 injectors and with a good custom tune around 150bhp is possible.

We can also supply 2.5 inch exhaust system and 2.5 inch downpipe as required.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hello from france what can be done for performance upgrade with 2.5 TDI AXL engine ?
Tks
Axl is the same as AXG with acv injectors so good for 200+with 0.216 but syncro drivetrain is on expensive side(weak) those days so 130bhp remap or bigger injectors and 150bhp is more sensible option.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've read through this and the original PP1 thread without finding anywhere to actually order the nozzles...? Is it based on forum PMs?

I have one concern: I live in Norway, and obviously don't have the opportunity to go to UK to get a remap. Rake: Do you have any suggestions on what to do? It's a 97, so I take it it needs new chips soldered on too.

Do you reckon I can fit the new nozzles and then get a remap from any VW tuner here in Norway, of course one that tunes the actual ECU and no piggyback box or anything...?

·
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
I've read through this and the original PP1 thread without finding anywhere to actually order the nozzles...? Is it based on forum PMs?

I have one concern: I live in Norway, and obviously don't have the opportunity to go to UK to get a remap. Rake: Do you have any suggestions on what to do? It's a 97, so I take it it needs new chips soldered on too.

Do you reckon I can fit the new nozzles and then get a remap from any VW tuner here in Norway, of course one that tunes the actual ECU and no piggyback box or anything...?
Hi candikid,

I would suggest that you contact the local mappers prior to ordering to confirm that they can indeed perform the chip solder work and map to oversized nozzles. We have had a fair few NO customers so I am sure this is possible.

Kind regards.

Ron.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another positive experience for the PP injectors. I have a Y reg 102 Caravelle which hasn't run right since I got it - it had diesel knock under load, power wasn't impressive either.

Admittedly I discovered a couple of things whilst changing the injectors - I had definitely been missing one of the pillars that goes under the other end of the injector clamp, and that injector showed some evidence of blowby because of this. I also think that one of the injectors was missing it's copper seal, but it is possible I dropped it as I was removing it and didn't realise. Finally, one of the specially shaped washers that sit under the injector clamp bolt was missing.

Knocked up replacements for the missing pillar and washer in my lathe.

Aside from that, changing them is fairly easy, I didn't remove the radiator, just took the top part of the grille off and the crossmember and tilted the rad forward to the service position. And of course you have to drop the undertray to get at the connector for the lift sensing injector. Little bit fiddly in parts and having a magnet tool on a stick helps avoiding dropping the bits.

I've only been out on one short trip with it so far, but it was immediately evident that it is totally transformed, with more power at all points in the rev range, no smoke and still with a nice smooth idle.

So thanks very much Ron/Rake/Project Power!

Gav

141 - 156 of 156 Posts