VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all this is my first t4 and vw i have ever owned i will just put the pics up and see what you think :). it starts and drives ok and i got it super cheap 450 with 6 months tax and 4 months mot.
the gear linkage rubbers need changing, i have them on order and i have just bought a couple sheets of steel to start welding some bits up. theres so much to do lol.

saved the best pic until last lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, forgot to say its a 1.9d. this looks better now then when i first got it i had to take the bodged up boarding out the back and carpet the back was full of i must of found 20 toilet rolls, drum sticks, about a million screws.the door pocket half full of . i really need to take the seats out so i can give it a good clean.

quick list of jobs need doing

side door not working
window tint sticky all over windows
door panels cracked, missing winder knobs
dash might be saved going to try and spray it.
just this morning it sounds like the starer motor is sticking on a bit.
rust rust rust rust everywhere

things i have planned for it

fix all the rust. i might mod the arches now before i find out i need to later.
tint windows
respray roof black and body red, might go with house of kolor candy apple red type colour.
air suspension i want it to be able to sit on the ground
wheels ??
back fit out for a full camper for when we go rock climbing

but that's miles off yet so i will just start the welding first lol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my clutch salve cylinder has gone it started to get hard to select gears and you could feel the van pulling when i put it in gear.
i went to get in the morning and pedal was nearly on the floor. i have taken the cylinder off and its leaking at the seal so while it is off the road i have changed the gear selector bushes what a pain in the a55 they are to fit but the gears feel like new now T: while under the van a noticed the exhaust is blowing aswell.
i might do the short shifter mod and i really need a gear lever extension for my short arms lol.
i will get some more pics up when i start doing the bodywork this week end.
adam

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
T:

after messing with the slave cylinder and finding out it was leaking i changed it only to find out it was the master cylinder was faulty aswell :bhd
got these super cheap today, need a repaint but should be ok for now there 18x8

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so i started the welding i have done the front driver side arch and a few rust patches but i am starting to make some custom arches so i am going to cut the old ones off and weld the new ones on to give it a smooth look. if the weather is any good this weekend a might get them done.
but i just changed the cam belt, water pump, thermostat, oil filter and fuel filter. just waiting for my glow plugs now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
done both front arches the other side has been ground down and filled but was against the wall so couldn't get a pic of it. here is the other side i have just welded it doesn't look like much at the moment but i will post another pic when its been filled and sanded down.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bit of an update, i will sort the pics out soon. i had a squealing alternator that needed sorting out as it was getting louder and louder.
so i got a used alternator on friday to fit saturday morning. i woke up early saturday morning thinking i only had a 10 min job to do to fit the alternator.
i thought i would pop to the shop to get a bottle of pop before i start, so i jumped in the van and stopped at the shop got my pop got back in the van drove up the road to turn around and then my left front wheel bearing made an almighty sequel ( mother fooker ) it had just given up on me so i drove back home at 2 miles an hour sounding like my wheel was about to drop off ( mother fooker ).
so i went and got the bearing after waiting for the shop to get it in about 2 o'clock, whipped the hub off (now it was about 3 o'clock ) to find out the bottom ball joint had gone aswell ( mother fooker ).
so i had to get up sunday morning to pick up the bottom joint and mess about another day with oil to get it sorted but now its all back together and fully working :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i am back onto fixing this rust bucket now lol.
after having a few operations on my back and not being able to do much for a couple of years has really put me behind on this.
still have to do little bits at a time.
now 90% of the van is welded. all the bottom has been painted and sealed, what a s**t job that was lol.
rear shock mounts have been modded for airride, fronts are 90% done. i used arduino for the controls and made a andriod app to control it. only prob is the compressor i bought for it is and can't keep up, so need a better one or use 2.
started fitting the back of the van out found more rust that needed sorting.
still need to carpet the floor and making the bed and seating.
with limited funds as out of work due to my back i am having do do bits as funds allow.
supercharger is 80% fitted.
fitted new glow plugs as the cheap ones burned holes in the tips. love changing these btw.i love the bit when you drop the nuts down the engine.
will get pics up this week when i get time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts