VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Projektzwo Headlight adjusters.

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  mattwilde66 
#1 ·
Hi, folks, I thought i would refurbish the Projektzwo Headlights before i fit them, problem is them nasty little adjusters (see photo) are so brittle they break easy! Does anyone know if they are Hella parts or Projektzwo's own parts?
Any help would be appreciated.
Also any info on adjusting them as not to blind british drivers!
Thanks.

See less See more
#6 ·
Hi mate,

What plastic parts are you after mate? as far as I know ProjektZwo assemblies don't have 'plastic clips' :unsure: I may be wrong .......... at least mine don't. All steel fabrication.
Would you mean the 'stand-off' for the headlight levelling motors?
If so, there's a post on this forum about making your own out of aluminium tubing somewhere abouts.
If it's to do with the plastic headlight adjusters, they come with the headlight units, usually supplied from Hella. Same units as on the BMW E30 Series 3 I think.

And there's no need to apologise for resurrecting 'old threads' mate, that's what makes this forum great in my opinion, just about everything VW bus has been covered over the years :)

TURK

#8 ·
Update, i got a set of clips machined out of teflon/plastic (about 10 pieces) and cut 2 slits ( in a cross shape) with a hacksaw to make room for the ball ended adjusters and then fitted the headlights...massive, massive improvement especially as they are wired for twin xenon but only used HID bulbs on low beam, let high beams with stock halogen bulbs...Really worthwhile upgrade for two hundred euros i paid for them... Now i will commission local engineering phirm to cut a sheet of stainless steel for me, i will replicate the design and maybe upgrade the light units in them as they draw even less current than HID bulbs... I got pictures of the upgrade but they on my mobile and i don't know the forum password to access the site...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.