VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right, for all you tuning wizards out there, this is your time to put the record straight and show everyone else what you got Rasp:

I am organising (amongst all the other things i'm doing for you lucky souls) a T4 track day at Castle Coombe.

At this early stage i am gauging interest with no date fixed yet in mind (depends on other dub events) to see what sort of discount we can get and to put all the insurances etc in place.

You get to race around this track to set your best time and i will have a trophy for the quickest.

It is my intention to make this a yearly event as i am sure interest will be high.

So here is the email i got with the conditions and prices etc.

[FONT=&quot]HI Keith[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please find below details on exclusive track hire at Castle Combe Circuit:-[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]All cars using the track must be road going and silenced to 100 dba. We run a static test measured at 0.5 metres at 3/4 max revs at 45 degree angle.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Track use is from 9am-5pm with a break for lunch. All cars will be tested before being allowed out on track.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Track is 1.85 miles long but if you would like to see a map then this can be downloaded from our website as below under the link [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]to the Castle Combe Circuit map on homepage. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Costs are as follows:-[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] '3' Car Day - This will allow you to have no more than '3' cars on track at any one time - £3,800 + VAT [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]'4' Car Day – This will allow you to have no more than '4' cars on track at any one time - £4,600 + VAT [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]'6' Car Day – Again no more than '6' on track at any one time - £5,700 + VAT [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]'12' Car Day - This is max no of cars allowed on track at any one time - £6,700+ VAT[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Although the above prices are what we call “book” prices but we can be flexible on the costs so if could let us know roughly how you would like to run the day and possible number of cars to expect we can then perhaps look at the costs for you but alternatively it might be an idea to come down for a site visit and at the same time meet up with our MD, Graham Marshallsay, to discuss your requirements etc.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]All prices include all necessary staff ie marshals, paramedic, rescue vehicle and a track manager. Catering is separate but the Tavern will be open early in the morning for breakfasts, drinks, and for you to use for registration etc... If you require a set menu for the day or wish to discuss catering options then please contact .................at Tavern Events on .................[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Another alternative to track hire is our own car track days where you can just book individual places at a cost of £170 per driver, extra drivers are £25 each - All cars must be road going and again full driving licences - on the day we will place you in a group of up to '20' cars in each group and then each group will be out on track for 15 mins sessions so you should be out every hour but really it depends on number of cars booked for the day but '20 would be max but sometimes we only have '12' in each group. All this info is on our website under the link for 'trackdays' so please take a look if you want more info but if you are interested and are looking to possibly book 10 plus places then please contact my colleague ........ who looks after these days and whom I'm sure can enquire if we could do a deal if you block book some places. We also have our own ARDS Instructors present on the day and they will carry out sighting laps, briefings and also be available If you require some one to one tuition.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hope this info helps but if you have any other questions or would like some available dates then please contact me again.

UPDATE: I WILL TRY AND SORT CAMPING NEAR BY FOR THOSE WHO LIVE MILES AWAY :D:D:D

UPDATE: Spectators get in free

UPDATE : Take any vehicle you like, so longs as it passes their tests T:

(11)
So what do peoples think and get yer names down T:T:T:T:T:

T4chippy
Dantro
Cabledan
Tonic
General Lee
Woodcraft (tea lady :D)
elder81
Soansey
daskx
elder81
Orange Triffid
TRANSFORMER

[/FONT]

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: >>>Proposed T4 track day at Castle Coombe<<<

Reckon I'm getting and ARB I:

·
Registered
294 Posts

is it only t4 have a t5 that i would love to take round a track

·
Registered
2,143 Posts

Ding dong!!!!

I think it would be rude for me not to partake!! I:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts

might have to have a middle section put in my exhaust tho!!!

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Dont think your gonna get away with that mark even with your superb photoshop skills LOL:

·
Registered
3,710 Posts

can i come...

...if only to help with refreshmentsT:

i hope its a track and field event with my tyresI:

·
Registered
898 Posts

I'm in! Put this new 180 engine to the test :D

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Thanks Scott T:

Just updated the first page saying that i am contacting the circuit to see how much it is for spectators peeps :ILU:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Count me in, given I have a 2.0 petrol with nothing inside it, I think its safe to say I may well whip some butts!!!!:D
May even hook a nitros oxide system up, just for the day...........

1 - 20 of 79 Posts