VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi I'm a newbie here and will be interested to read comments/suggestions on this one from you guys who know a lot more about conversions than I do! Met a german couple on holiday this summer with a cali and we were so impressed that intend to have a T5 converted to go away in next summer. What advice can you all give on base vehicles - van, kombi, shuttle? I have already done a fair bit of background on the conversion itself and have a good idea what I want inside the LWB vehicle. One other thing - would I be better off finding a 140PS rather than a 102 in a LWB for conversion? I have a reasonable budget and will be looking for a vehicle with up to 20k miles.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I've a panel van. Almost exactly what I wanted, wanted LWB got SWB, but right colour (silver) good miles (88000), loads of history and good price (£7000). Put windows in, new wheels and lights and lots of little extras that I wanted. With a Kombi, it's already got windows, but I only wanted 2 windows in the back and none in the barn doors, Kombis have tailgate. Insulating and carpeting soon, then building an 'L' shaped seat/bed. Kombis have lots of seats. Kombis are dearer, usually, cos they have a lot better spec., electric everything. It's all about preference against budget, I suppose. :)

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I only wanted 2 windows in the back and none in the barn doors, Kombis have tailgate. Insulating and carpeting soon, then building an 'L' shaped seat/bed. Kombis have lots of seats. Kombis are dearer, usually, cos they have a lot better spec., electric everything. It's all about preference against budget, I suppose. :)
If you ordering new you can get what you want.
I have ordered 140 lwb 6 speed combi with solid barn doors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts