VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a search about on the Net and tried pubcampsites.co.uk but I can't seem to find any Pub Camp sites in The Lakes or Scotland.

Anyone know of any they could suggest?

Thanks

Guy

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Guy Sykeside campsite at brotherswater not been for a long time but great site, when we last went, a bit out in the hills open all year barn bar and proper pub on site. if you want more around 2 good ones in hawkshead pubs straight across road.

·
Banned
1,762 Posts
I have had a search about on the Net and tried pubcampsites.co.uk but I can't seem to find any Pub Camp sites in The Lakes or Scotland.

Anyone know of any they could suggest?

Thanks

Guy

This is taken from the free wild camping site looking onto the Kingshouse and the Ski slopes of Glencoe, good food and bars

·
Registered
114 Posts
My friend runs the Screes inn at Nether Wasdale:

http://www.thescrees.co.uk/

Whilst he doesn't strictly do camping, (Trying his best not to annoy the neighbours next door who do run a camp site!) he has been known to come to some kind of arrangement if folk ask really nicely!

Otherwise there's always the National Trust site at the bottom of Langdale, which I think is open at this time of year. The advantage here is the fantastic Old Dungeon Ghyll pub within staggering distance.

Sykeside as already mentioned is a good spot. Other than that I can't immediately think of anywhere but I'll pop back if I do!

·
Premium Member
4,760 Posts
Linton Lock Marina & Campsite is situated near the village of Linton on Ouse. small site hook ups pub and water

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
The Clachaig Inn in Glencoe will let you stay on the car park if you have a couple of jars in the bar, which of course you'll want to as it'll be fffffrrreeeezin at this time of year! Liz & me stayed there a couple of times this year, the toilet arrangement when the bar is closed is strictly as per the bear style....T:

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any links for Linton Lock?

Thanks to everyone who has suggested sites. No Wild Camping this year, will have to wait till I have heating sorted out.

Guy

·
Registered
85 Posts
The camp site is part of the lock - so try this lintonlockmarina.com not sure if I have added it in right.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Try The Quiet Site. Its at Watermillock , near to the top end of Ullswater, in the North Lakes about two miles from Pooley Bridge. It is not a pubside site strictly speaking, but has its own bar in the evenings, in a converted barn, with a roaring log fire. Check out thie web site "http://www.thequietsite.co.uk". I have stayed there many times and can highly recommend it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The Clachaig Inn in Glencoe will let you stay on the car park if you have a couple of jars in the bar, which of course you'll want to as it'll be fffffrrreeeezin at this time of year! Liz & me stayed there a couple of times this year, the toilet arrangement when the bar is closed is strictly as per the bear style....T:
Ive also visited this hotel and had something to eat nice wee campsite about 1.5 miles up the road called the red sqirrel open all year roundT: crackin surroundings!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts