VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

We are looking for some feedback on the pull out bed that mounts to the lashing points on a t5

The type made by Exploria or Transporterstyling...............just wondered if anyone has one and what you think of them

Any feed back gratefully received thanks fir your time .

Regards
Wattie

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Dya hae any more info? sounds interesting. Do you mean the lashing rings are removed and the bed screwed down in its place or is it attatched to the rings.

I'm 90% set on the bed we have but havnt fitted yet but this could be an improvement.

sorry, not what you asked for - isnt it a pain when you ask a question and just get questions as answers I:

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
I noticed the little tabs on my chassis when I removed the lashing points from mine and fitted the Reimo seat using the horseshoe clamps. I'm not sure the VCA would be happy if you turned up for your IVA and they saw them being used for seating? ... but that only comes into force next year.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is the sort of bed im after too looks a good ,a little unshure as to how well the pull out section will take your weight as above if anybody has one some info would be great before parting with money:)

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
This is the sort of bed im after too looks a good ,a little unshure as to how well the pull out section will take your weight as above if anybody has one some info would be great before parting with money:)
The other option i am looking at is the fold out one which attaches to the back of Kombi seats, you keep your load space then.

http://www.vwt4styleline.co.uk/products-kombi-sleepover.html

They seem to get good write ups, they dont look like they will fit 2 easily but most folk seem happy with them, only problem i can see is if you have a factory kombi like mine it has a rubber floor, not sure how the floor would react to 2 small feet on it, not very well i would suspect, would be easily solved with a bit of wood iunder it i suppose.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
The other option i am looking at is the fold out one which attaches to the back of Kombi seats, you keep your load space then.

http://www.vwt4styleline.co.uk/products-kombi-sleepover.html

They seem to get good write ups, they dont look like they will fit 2 easily but most folk seem happy with them, only problem i can see is if you have a factory kombi like mine it has a rubber floor, not sure how the floor would react to 2 small feet on it, not very well i would suspect, would be easily solved with a bit of wood iunder it i suppose.
We had one of Stylelines beds in our T4, no worries about the feet on the mat, we had no issues like that.
It is a clever design. It takes up very little room in or out of the van. Its a lot cheaper than the slide out one which seems v expensive compared to RnR beds.
If it was price for price though I would go with the slide out as I did find ours a bit narrow and firm after a while (we had a 1.5" mem foam matress too). The only other issue with ours was it opened up onto the storage area, often meaning having to move your stuff out the way to erect the bed and then stuffing it all back under the bed (plenty of room under once it was up). We just left the bed set up while travelling.

We've plumped for the Ikea sofa bed (we dont have kombi seats anymore) which is very quick to set up and stow, VERY comfortable and FULL Width :D:D oh and about £500 cheaper than a RnR

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Does it not compress the mat where it sits on it though ? Looks like after time it would puncture it or certainly mark it ?

I really like the look of the Exploria bed from a comfort point of view but it takes up the whole of the load area when fitted and its bloody expensive for what it is, we use this area for getting changed, storing bikes when on a long motorway haul etc. so the styleline one looks better in that respect, hmmmm decisions !

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Does it not compress the mat where it sits on it though ? Looks like after time it would puncture it or certainly mark it ?
We had a carpet, it made the slightest of marks/ but the plastic feet located well and had a fair diameter to spread the weight. I supose anything resting on a soft surface will mark, and given enough time it would wear it out or puncture it but it would take a long time. We used ours a lot over 2 years and never had a concern

we use this area for getting changed, storing bikes when on a long motorway haul etc. so the styleline one looks better in that respect, hmmmm decisions !
Do you have a LWB? ours was SWB, when bed was set up we had just enought room to stand at either end of the bed (about 18"). The bottom used to get full of bags and stuff, the top end worked beter when we had the swivel seats.
Unfortunately the rear seats dictated the position of the bed. We did consider moving the seats to make an improvement but never got round to it - bit of a chore

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
We had a carpet, it made the slightest of marks/ but the plastic feet located well and had a fair diameter to spread the weight. I supose anything resting on a soft surface will mark, and given enough time it would wear it out or puncture it but it would take a long time. We used ours a lot over 2 years and never had a concern

Do you have a LWB? ours was SWB, when bed was set up we had just enought room to stand at either end of the bed (about 18"). The bottom used to get full of bags and stuff, the top end worked beter when we had the swivel seats.
Unfortunately the rear seats dictated the position of the bed. We did consider moving the seats to make an improvement but never got round to it - bit of a chore
Ours is SWB, factory kombi so seat position is pretty much fixed, we would take the single out when going on extended trips.

Would you go with the styleline again given the choice ?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Just been to the Vanfest and spoke to the lads at dirty weekender,they had a kombi type/style bed which was great construction very strong when pulled out and all seemed like top guys to deal with.This will be my next buy hopefully a great option without havin to convert your van. better start saving eh T:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi there, i made a sliding bed set up based on the exploria kombi idea, rear section is fixed to the lashing points with the other part securely located on top which then slides out over my folded down bongo seats to make up a full width 6ft long bed. I'll see if i can get some pics up later otherwise drop me you email and i'll send some pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts