VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks I've been a member of the forum for over 4 years now but this is my first post - I always felt I should wait until I got my own van before commenting on anyone else's :D

Well that changed today when I picked up my very first T5 so hopefully I'll be able to keep you all updated as she progresses.

I've been looking for a long time for a van but there's always been something putting me off parting with my hard earned cash (namely the wife:D ) but when this one popped up for sale only 30 miles away from my door i felt it was fate telling me it was time to dive in + the wife is away for a few nights on a girly holiday to the voice of reason wasn't there to stop me:D

Anyways she's a 2011 T32 LWB kombi with a 2.0 litre BITDI 180 bhp engine under the bonnet combined with the DSG box.

My plans so far are new wheels, sportline splitter and spoiler and some colour coding - once that done if the funds allow i'll start on the inside;)

Ped:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol - broke the news to wife this evening to let her know I'd made the purchase - her reply was "thank christ for that I'm sick fed up of you going on about buying a van maybe now I'll get some piece"":eek::eek::eek:

Should of done this years ago:D

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Lol - broke the news to wife this evening to let her know I'd made the purchase - her reply was "thank christ for that I'm sick fed up of you going on about buying a van maybe now I'll get some piece"":eek::eek::eek:

Should of done this years ago:D
HaHa !! Welcome to a new world !!!
:ILU::ILU::ILU::ILU:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do - ordered a set of Calibre Exile 18's today from rimstyle so should have them for the middle of next week - really wanted to go for 20's but ended up bottling it after reading some horror stories about ride quality.

Then it'll be a sportline front and rear splitter / spoiler as and when funds allow it:D

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
Love pure grey :cool:

I got fed up with looking vans and then one day the pure grey van that I would drive past every day was spotted with a for sale sign in the window :eek:
I thought this must be mine but the guy was unrealistic with his asking price ....so it wasnt to be :(

I looked for what seemed like forever , comprising my search to see if it was just me being too fussy but nothing floated my boat .

Eventually found one that ticked 8 out of ten boxes so bit the bullet and parted with the money.

Over a week later ....and after 3 delayed collection attempts ....i'm still waiting to make this dream a reality.

On the plus side my missus stuck by me and came and looked at every van with as much enthusiasm as me .

Lets hope your wife will one day share some enthusiasm for yours T:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well thats me a month into T5 ownership and i've got to say I love my van :) The wife refuses to get into it cause she think folk will think she's a gypo but my 3 year old son loves it and cant get in it quick enough when I head out for a run in it :)

Progress has been a bit slow for me due to work commitments but have managed to fit my new wheels -

And I made a start on the silent coat last night :)

Both barn doors and rear quarter panels have been lined and i must admit i'm amazed at the difference its made to the road noise already :D

The only downside i've had is with all the rain we've had I've discovered both my sliding rear windows leak but i'm off to the dealership tomorrow morning to complain about them and get them fixed under its warranty ;) I'm going to inquire about a sportline front and rear spoiler when i'm up there too and start counting my pennies.

Ped :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well 2 years into T5 van ownership and I'm still enjoying the van, I've carried out a few more mods to the van over the last 18 months mainly the colour coding, sportline front and rear end and lowered it on GAZ ultra lows -

Baby number 2 arrived at my household so the internal conversion works haven't went ahead as planned - my ply lining kit, carpet, electrics, lights, leisure battery, split charge system etc. are all sitting in the garage and has been for over 9 months now but the baby is taking up most of our time so it'll just have to wait :)

This is the most I've managed when I do get away for a weekend - The carp fishing bed is suprisingly comfy :)

I've also finished the front end off with a lower front splitter which I think looks great tho it can be a bit of a bugger parking next to high kerbs -

The decision I need to make now is do I keep the T5 for a bit longer or look to upgrade to a T6 and start again - I've noticed that I can get a T6 in Pure Grey so its very tempting :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well 2 years into T5 van ownership and I'm still enjoying the van, I've carried out a few more mods to the van over the last 18 months mainly the colour coding, sportline front and rear end and lowered it on GAZ ultra lows -

Baby number 2 arrived at my household so the internal conversion works haven't went ahead as planned - my ply lining kit, carpet, electrics, lights, leisure battery, split charge system etc. are all sitting in the garage and has been for over 9 months now but the baby is taking up most of our time so it'll just have to wait :)

This is the most I've managed when I do get away for a weekend - The carp fishing bed is surprisingly comfy :)

I've also finished the front end off with a lower front splitter which I think looks great though it can be a bit of a bugger parking next to high kerbs -

The decision I need to make now is do I keep the T5 for a bit longer or look to upgrade to a T6 and start again - I've noticed that I can get a T6 in Pure Grey so its very tempting :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts