VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
have to agree with the above post mate : you wheels look horrible , ill take them away for you ,lol very nice T:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im coming round to the deep dish way now mate but I need 17s at least, I like bigger wheels.. The Keskins perhaps lol.

Thought you could have stopped and given me a hand anyhow, I was putting these on and you drove down the street next to me. Just of King Edwards about 2ish. Id have had you painting and all sorts LOL:

On the tyres will the ones on actually work for a while, they are Pirrelli Rosso load rated ones at £250+ a corner so a shame to waste them. What should I be going for and where do you get yours from.

Them Borbets I could be tempted with for my other van.... decisions decisions.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Im coming round to the deep dish way now mate but I need 17s at least, I like bigger wheels.. The Keskins perhaps lol.

Thought you could have stopped and given me a hand anyhow, I was putting these on and you drove down the street next to me. Just of King Edwards about 2ish. Id have had you painting and all sorts LOL:

On the tyres will the ones on actually work for a while, they are Pirrelli Rosso load rated ones at £250+ a corner so a shame to waste them. What should I be going for and where do you get yours from.

Them Borbets I could be tempted with for my other van.... decisions decisions.
sorry chief...never even saw ya ...been away with the fairies for most of the day :D

tyres wise i would go 225 45 rear and 205 40/45 front...but thats me...however thats not offering up much protection from the dreadful roads round here ... are they SS dishes by chance? if so spraying should really be quite easy T:

:ILU:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My boss has same wheels tyres etc his van is lowered 60mm never has a problem with rubbing, often has heavy loads and 6 people in!
Cheers fella ill take it for a spin. Just had visions of the front wings creasing with all the potholes and speed bumps round here.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so I took the van for a test run down the street and I have a slight rubbing issue, not sure where though. I can hear a slight rubbing noise when going along but none of the tyres show any marks on them and I can fit my hand round the inside edge of all tyres so I cant see it. Its not on the arches as I can tell when it catches them. The noise is almost like a rubbing brake if you know what i mean.

Any one any ideas what to check. I know the tyres are fat. Spec is 245/45/18, 8J front 9J rears all 38mm offset.

Also what do I need to do to make it hit the bump stops before the arches on the front.

·
I have noticed I can't spell
6,177 Posts
Don't know if this helps but..........

I have been running 18" innovit DTM's (powder coated black) pretty much since my forum join date and they have never rubbed.

First with out lowering and for the last 8 months or so on Eibachs (-40mm) and no rubber donuts (-10mm) no rubbing, tyres I think are 240/55 (need to check that though) T:

These have identical rolling circumference as the standard wheel.

I will likely put slightly bigger tyres on soon so inserted in this thread :ILU:

I assume the other measurements of the wheels must be the same, the only adapter they have is longer cone (rather than radius bolts) and spigot rings.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts