VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all
I have been offered a diesel night heater from a truck cab the thing is it is 24v is there a transformer I could use to step it from 12 v leisure bat to 24v . I think it's a ebacher d4
Would this drain my battery faster than a 12v
Cheers Jay aka wire threading virgin

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mmm I need to weigh it up will it drain leisure bat faster

·
Registered
399 Posts
Don't know if this will work (put me right please upspex), but when I was just a boy racer in the 70's I had a 6 volt portable cassette player/radio and put a screw in the top of the battery about halfway along thus only using three plates and getting 6 volts and I know if you wire two batteries together in series you will get 24 volts. So IF you did this ou may be able to get 12 volts from the +terminal on your original leiesure battery and get 24 from the second + terminal on the second liesure battery. Upspex please clarrify if you don't mind.

Alan :confused:

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Yes you could run it off two batteries wired in series but then you have the problem of charging them. Truth is it just isn't worth the hassle. Wait for a 12 volt one to come along.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I will be waiting for something else to come up
I even thought of 24v leisure bat and stepping down to 12v for other stuff like lights etc then it dawned on me how to charge the 24v leisure bat
Or maybe I could buy an electric milk float and all my troubles gone
Thanks for the advise guys
Jay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts