VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
4201 - 4212 of 4212 Posts

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Just a heads-up guys on what' going on .....................

As you've all noticed I haven't updated ( uploaded ) any articles or even photos for quite a while. This does not mean that the project is dead! and all this has been an elaborate 'hoax' for swindling people out of their money .............. absolutely not. I have a conscience!

Some of you who know me will know that I am not a quitter, slow and a tad lazy ................ yes! But I will never quite no matter how long it takes me!
What you may be asking is, when? ................. well, as it happens ................... mighty soon ;) (y)

As I mentioned in a previous post, I had spent an awful lot of money on new stock, unfortunately they did not have everything in stock, so I am having to wait for yet more stock to arrive. So the final push on the short nose quad headlights is on hold for the time being :(

Not to worry, I still have plenty to do .................. namely the continued development of the long nose version of the quad headlights.
( MrV ................ an email is on it's way to you, you've not been forgotten mate )

Any questions or comments, please ask, don't be affriad.

TURK
Hey TURK, thought I would give it a couple of years and then catch up lol!

Well I have been waiting around 31 years for better T4 headlights, so I thought no rush really is there. Anyway nice to pop into the forum again and you were my first port of call to see how things were going.

Still got the trusty Multivan, being used more these days for a bit more travelling and stealth camping. There really is still nothing to match it for that, although the lady says she would be happy with a California Beach ..................... maybe, but the cheeky T4 has bundles more character, and the new T7 Multivan leaves me cold, I thought that would be the eventual replacement.

Anyway I will keep in touch, and look forward to the projects completion.

Scruff

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,202 ·
Hey TURK, thought I would give it a couple of years and then catch up lol!

Well I have been waiting around 31 years for better T4 headlights, so I thought no rush really is there. Anyway nice to pop into the forum again and you were my first port of call to see how things were going.
"First port of call" you say ................. Bet you thought the quad headlights were finished by now! ( and thank you by the way ).
Sorry to disappoint Scruffy, but I'm still at it :confused: this project turned out to be much more difficult than I had first thought. As you know yourself, to design and produce a product that will pass only the highest of 'Quality Control' requirements ( ie, customer satisfaction ) is undoubtedly the most difficult stage.

Talking about stages, I'm currently in the final phase, getting ready for the final push as it were ;)(y)

Still got the trusty Multivan, being used more these days for a bit more travelling and stealth camping. There really is still nothing to match it for that, although the lady says she would be happy with a California Beach ..................... maybe, but the cheeky T4 has bundles more character, and the new T7 Multivan leaves me cold, I thought that would be the eventual replacement.
Totally agree mate :) loads more character. Like you, the new T7 does nothing for me.
Had to sell my Multivan unfortunately, it was costing me too much to keep on the road ........... luckily for me I kept Lulu!

Anyway I will keep in touch, and look forward to the projects completion.

Scruff
Please do Scruffy, it shouldn't take me too long for a current update on the project, and who knows, we may even have our very first look of the final product ;)

TURK

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
"First port of call" you say ................. Bet you thought the quad headlights were finished by now! ( and thank you by the way ).
Sorry to disappoint Scruffy, but I'm still at it :confused: this project turned out to be much more difficult than I had first thought. As you know yourself, to design and produce a product that will pass only the highest of 'Quality Control' requirements ( ie, customer satisfaction ) is undoubtedly the most difficult stage.

Talking about stages, I'm currently in the final phase, getting ready for the final push as it were ;)(y)

Totally agree mate :) loads more character. Like you, the new T7 does nothing for me.
Had to sell my Multivan unfortunately, it was costing me too much to keep on the road ........... luckily for me I kept Lulu!

Please do Scruffy, it shouldn't take me too long for a current update on the project, and who knows, we may even have our very first look of the final product ;)

TURK
Nice to hear from you! I had no expectancies on completion or otherwise, one thing I do know is you will get it EXACTLY RIGHT before release, and that's what matters most.

Sad to hear the Multivan had to go, I do understand as I had to spend a bit more on mine just before Christmas. New front calipers and discs (all were original 24 years old), new master cylinder, like most things obsolete from VW, tracked one down in Germany original was 24 years old too. It's amazing the difference that made to the brake feel, never dangerous and ABS always kicks in but now feel more like the brakes on one of our more modern vehicles. Needed track rod ends and an upper ball joint too .............. how dare they also wear after 24 years of service.

Bit of a nice service and a few other small bits and bobs later, and it drives like brand new again ................ crazy really when I think of all the vehicles I have owned I should have kept this for so long. It really has become like a member of the family.

MOT followed the service, it was the 21st I have taken it for and once again to keep a clean sheet a pass with NO advisories

I am on the edge of my seat now waiting in anticipation of the final product TURK, so onward and upward as always! Hopefully will be ready before I have to ask the government for a new licence so I can keep driving ......... that is now too close for comfort lol!

Keep hard at it and I will pop into the forum again more often to check on progress :geek:(y):coffee:

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Sorry to jump in here...
But SCRUFFY....we've MISSED you on the forum..at least I have!
Too many "old members" have fallen off. :eek:
Sorry to jump in here...
But SCRUFFY....we've MISSED you on the forum..at least I have!
Too many "old members" have fallen off. :eek:
Gaz, nice of you to say so ................. oh and not so much of the OLD lol!

Well as we all know the forum has physically changed so much, and I guess also the challenge of keeping older vehicles on the road is not for everyone. Owners will come and go, but yes sorry to say I am still around. Pleased to see TURK is still hard at it too and there is light at the end of his tunnel ............ well so he tells us!

I will pop in here a bit more from time to time, but both of you know how to get hold of me anyway. :cool:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Hi Mr P, how are things progressing? My bus failed it's MOT miserably so I bought another already converted (1998 model with old style centre console - still a 2.5TDI SWB), a lighter blue and a pop-top. I can't be bothered with the pop-top though, I sleep on the floor and cook at the side door (with nice views) with my camping gear, nice and simple. Fridge is used though but sink just stores my rubbish bag! I'm sure someone will buy my old one for restoration though. Got some bits to swap over between them - curtains, electric windows, smoked rear LED light clusters and smoked front indicators. Keep up the good work. I hope all is well with you and everyone I know on this thread.

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,208 ·
Hi Mr P, how are things progressing? My bus failed it's MOT miserably so I bought another already converted (1998 model with old style centre console - still a 2.5TDI SWB)
Glad to hear you found another bus mate .................. slightly older model than your previous one but it's still a T4!, I've just updated the 'Pre-Order List', shouldn't make too much difference but I like to be thorough :geek: and you're still at #97 on the list mate ;)(y)

And yup ................. things are still progressing, in and out of the workshop this evening, should be a late night for me, but I'm getting there :)

TURK

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Hiya Gaz,

No need to pee in the the sink when up in the Highlands, I have all the great outdoors to choose from when stealth camping. I also have a trenching spade for more urgent times! Peace and quiet backed up with a stiff tot of scotch whisky at bed time (helps me sleep through anything)! 😁😁😁

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Cheers for the update Mr. P. Don't work too hard. I've just been to the Northwest Highlands and Islands (19 days) for the first time since May 2019 (too many idiots up there last May!).

·
Full of Cr*p....
10,745 Posts
"No need to pee in the the sink when up in the Highlands, I have all the great outdoors to choose from when stealth camping"
When I had the narrowboat, I often used the sink, as it drained straight into the canal (where the fish and fishermen always pee), and saved having to have the waste tank pumped out so often.....hehe

"(too many idiots up there last May!)."
I was NOT there!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
"(too many idiots up there last May!)."
I was NOT there!!!!!!!

Glad to hear it Gaz. All the papers were telling people to staycation there last year and all the locals were saying that they had 'the wrong type of people', disrespectful idiots, overcrowding and littering, scum! They were also rude and aggressive to the ferry staff, again SCUM! I go there to get away from people and for wildlife photography (too wet and windy for much wildlife photography this year though). Luskentyre beach is well worth a visit for anyone I know who is more respectful to the local communities though.

Sorry for stealing your post Mr. P. 😊

4201 - 4212 of 4212 Posts