VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had to go into work ridiculously early today for reasons I won't bore you with but glad I did. While hanging around outside the building waiting for a colleague to turn up I wandered over to a skip which we are having collected today cursing as someone had dumped something in it overnight.

Stopped swearing when I got closer - the dumped item was a 3 bike Fiamma bike rack for a T4A:T:

Absolutely brilliant condition - no idea why anyone would have chucked it in there but it's mine now!!!! LOL:

This is it....

·
Registered
865 Posts
LOST:

1 Fiamma Bike Rack for 3 Bikes.

Possibly in skip. please return immediately to George.

I:

Seriously though, nice one! If we could all be so lucky...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Probably been nicked, why would anyone throw that away? :eek:
We get all sorts of stuff dumped in our skip at work, most people will chuck stuff especially when they dont know the value of it, to them it's an old bike rack they had lying around in the shed!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had a cool box dumped in mine. on closer inspection found out it ran on Gas,240volt and 24 volt made by electolux and works a treat. (not bothered with 24 volt as it sits in the awning ).

A::DA:

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
Looks like its missing the little black cups that go over the bits at the bottom where it rests on the bumper....

Some people have all the luck !!!!! T:

...heads of to shed to check mine is still there!

·
Registered
636 Posts
jammy...........LOL: bet they just chucked thinking i'm never gonna use this......a guy i work with has one...........he dont even have a van but i cant get him to part with it :confused:

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
NEVER LOOK A GIFT SKIP IN THE MOUTH! ! !

a chap was re-decorating a bungalow round the corner from us, he was lifting this click floorboards but rather than just sling it in the skip he had written a note on a door saying free to a good home. I had the lot and gave him a fiver for a beer.

Later that day there was 7 full unopened packs of 'clicky floorboards'. I had those as well. You should have seen his face when I asked for my fiver back! Then gave him a tenner! Skiprats rule! Cheers, Tony.

·
Registered
84 Posts
found a halfords bike rack and roof bars in mine earlier, then realised my "skip" was actually my van!!!!!!!!!!!
If youve read my "need some love thread" you'd know why i say it would probably serve me better as a skip at the moment:eek:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
That's jammy, there was a young builder in Cumbria spotted an old vase in a skip, liked it and took it along to one of them antiques roadshows, it was worth £000's :D
he had a very big grin on his face lol.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Someone was obviously looking down on you kindly ....have you helped any old ladies across the road lately ....... or bought the Big Issue with a smile.Bet you won't be able to resist looking in every skip you pass for the next twelve months :)

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Sounds like it was put in there by somebody who didn't know what they are worth. Doubt it would be nicked, but anyway happy days ehT:

Tra:)

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I have skips on the roadside all the time for work. Loads of people dump
stuff in them all the time that's worth money. I'm not too proud to take stuff out and flog it on eBay !!!

Had a swan Teasmade (sold for £45) two leather dining chairs (£90) Grandmother Clock (£120) among lots of other bits of furniture I have restored and kept.

I love skips. :D

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
there seems the be a sub culture out there termed "skippers", used to work with some guys who went around their area only looking in skips, they found loads of stuff :mw

1 - 20 of 23 Posts