VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just ordered all the gear for installing a leisure battery in my van. I understand everything I'm supposed to do T:thanks to various threads on here- BUT- I'm wondering if anyone can tell me of a good place to run the cable from the crank battery positive terminal through into the cab? Is there already a hole somewhere?
Also, will the wire need some extra heat protection in the engine bay or will it be ok just clipped out of the way?
Thanks for any info guys.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Just to the left of the battery is a grommet. Undo the tape from the neck of the grommet and pass your wire through here using a little washing up liquid to ease it through. The cable will come out just below the top of the rubber mat in the cab behind the glove box. protection will depend on what size cable you are using but the short run from the battery to the grommet will not subject it to any heat. Make sure that you put a fuse in as close to the battery as possible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to the left of the battery is a grommet. Undo the tape from the neck of the grommet and pass your wire through here using a little washing up liquid to ease it through. The cable will come out just below the top of the rubber mat in the cab behind the glove box. protection will depend on what size cable you are using but the short run from the battery to the grommet will not subject it to any heat. Make sure that you put a fuse in as close to the battery as possible.
Cheers mate! Just had a look- left of the battery in-between the battery and the brake pipes- I can see a rubber funnel coming out of the cab and the wire coming through there goes into a protective sleeve. Am I threading the wire through the sleeve, only there's not much space left after the existing wire? Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question. Maybe the 30amp wire with the relay isn't as big as I'm expecting. :*

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
you won't need to put the cable through the sleeving, just the rubber funnel. The end of the funnel part is bound with tape which you will have to remove. Don't worry, the rubber stretches and 30 amp cable will pass through easily. Don't forget the fairy liquid!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you won't need to put the cable through the sleeving, just the rubber funnel. The end of the funnel part is bound with tape which you will have to remove. Don't worry, the rubber stretches and 30 amp cable will pass through easily. Don't forget the fairy liquid!!!
Ahhhh- I understand now! Sorry. Cheers for this- sounds like a much neater job than I had planned. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts