VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
previously known as passattdi
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a query, our bedroom window has lots of damp along the top of it and we are getting damp down the wall to the left of it too.

I've noticed tonight that there is a draught coming through a small crack in beside the trim down the sides of the window. It's an upstairs window so there is a lintel on the inside and outside the soffits and fascia sit over the window on the outside. The guttering drains away from that end of the house to the middle at the back. I'm wondering if we've either got a leaking roof or the felt's rotted back a bit.

Is there some sort of flashing that's fitted in between the side of the windows and into the cavity and something similar fitted above? They're Anglian windows and on a couple I've had to replaster the sides as they've broken the plaster, fitted the new window and patched everything up with good old silicone.

Any advice or tips are appreciated, in the New Year I'll be pulling off he internal trims and reseating everything and checking the roof.

Help me.

Alex

·
Registered
867 Posts
it could be a couple of things.. either your roof is leaking right near the gutter and the water is running down and entering somewhere behind the soffit/fascia. or you have water running down the cavity to the lintel and finding its way in every way it can. your roof is the root cause of this T:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts