VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Im new to this forum but I have a specific question re bulkheads on new T5's. I am planning on getting one of these fairly soon for my work as a spark. However I also want to use if for occasional camping and in that case I would like to remove the metal bulkhead. How feasible is this on a regular and quick basis if I say fitted some quick release bolts? Alternatively can you buy such bulkheads? I have searched around to see if there are any products out there that fulfill this purpose but surprisingly found none. I would have thought there are lots of folk that want their vans to doubleup in this way. Sleeping in the back of the van with no windows/air and a solid bulkhead, isnt going to be much fun! Any tips very welcome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. I read soemwhere that you had to lever away the ceiling lining to get a couple of them off. Could these be left permenanlty off or would they bulkhead flap around?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
If I remember correctly I had all the bolts out in no time but the bulkhead didn't shift. I then discovered a couple hidden under the roof strip which popped off easy. Can't comment on what it would be like to run it without the top ones, why not try it and see (assuming there are no safety issues - that's me covered for H&S I: )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts