VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, just bought my t5 which is to be used as a van in the week and camper at the weekend, looking at various options for removerable bed design and was wondering if any of you guys have any sort of quick release rock and roll bed. cheers, stuart.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a reimo variotech in my T4 that is quick release but it requires two rails fitting to the length of the van great qaulity its also a properly crash tested design but it aint cheap have a look for styleline or concept multicarT:

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I have a reimo variotech in my T4 that is quick release but it requires two rails fitting to the length of the van great qaulity its also a properly crash tested design but it aint cheap have a look for styleline or concept multicarT:
are rib beds similar to these?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies, i went to ultimate transporters in brum today to have my windows fitted, couldn't help buying some alloys aswell, anyway, i digress, mac at ut also does rock n roll beds that are bolted in position via existing tie down holes (probably the same as others) so i'm thinking that 4 bolts is pretty quick release, so will almost definately go this route. thanks again T:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yep thats the cheapest way to go for sure but is by no means quick release at all getting on your back under the van in the drit undoing nuts n bolts up plus you will need some1 to help you aswell then when you take it out you got 4 holes in the floor, if i remember correctly styleline does some sort of bolt on bed frame that fits to a normal double quick release kombi rear seat i saw it at vanfest it dont look very comfy but maybe an even cheaper option and is deffo quik realeaseT:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have one of the styleline beds fitted, is definately quick release and very comfy. Used it for the TT fortnight with my wife and joined every morning by our 2 year old. Slept better than at home.
I use the van for work so it had to be easily removable.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
getting on your back under the van in the drit undoing nuts n bolts up plus you will need some1 to help you aswell then when you take it out you got 4 holes in the floor
nah, if the nuts aren't already captive i'll make sure they are so it's just undo the four bolts from inside the van. temporary ply floor goes in in the week so holes are covered over. T:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have one of the styleline beds fitted, is definately quick release and very comfy. Used it for the TT fortnight with my wife and joined every morning by our 2 year old. Slept better than at home.
I use the van for work so it had to be easily removable.
lesterian

can you send me a link to somewhere or some pics of this as i'm very intersted in something similar

cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts