VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally tried snow foam out today. May take some trial and error on the foaming side of things but I'm sure you guys may have some tips. This is my first time trying the detailing jazz out normally pressure wash and sponge....done!

Basic wash

- snowfoam
- 1 bucket wash with muc off
- tango spray wax
- tested some dodo paint cleanser on one panel

Heres the results

Also put up the vanx curtains over the weekend and wasn't as bad as I thought, although I think I have been given some incorrect end caps and the flexible rails are good to bend but they can skew off to the sides a bit too.

I haven't fitted the tie backs as I couldn't see the point? What's everyone elses thoughts, I have noted the poppers on the curtains do rattle a lot though!

Any feedback would be sweet...:ILU:

·
Registered
877 Posts
take a look at http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk they do some good snow foam and some good snow foam guns ?

i tried the karcher gun and they are **** the autobrite snow foam gun works brilliant, the foam is thick and sits on the van like snow for 20mins then wash off A: then a wash with a mit and then some instant detailer from maguires works for me :cool:

whats the dodo waxes like ? do you have to keep them away from the plastics? i cant stand white dust on the plastics it never comes off :*

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke to the detailing guy and he said he autobrite and hans stuff is on par with each other.

I did find that the foam wasn't overly thick despite me increasing the concentration. This could be to do with flow rates etc??? was also told you don't want the snow too thick otherwise it won't run slightly to help remove the dirt?

The dodo stuff was a post wash paint cleaner ready for wax, only tried on one panel so hard to say but it goes on easy and off, although you cant leave it do dwell for long or it's ninja I'm told. He rated it above the Megs variant I was going to get.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I have a Karcher lance..not used it yet though .

I have just bought some autosmart snow foam as the rep delivers to me.

Going to use up all my auto glym stuff and the magauirs waxes ( i bought a kit from halfords with a clay bar detailer and wax) then get some more serious sealers/waxes .

Clay bar gets amazing results imo.

I first used it last year on my 911 did the rear wing and was Shocked with the result....it looked like the wing was a different colour to the rest of the car!

Just dont get time to get into the detailing properly but will do at some stage .

You all probably know this site but its a great resource for all things car cleaning .... http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

Steve

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve,

can you clay bar after waxing anytime or does it have to be done during the clean process?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Steve,

can you clay bar after waxing anytime or does it have to be done during the clean process?
i think from all the advice:
  1. snow foam then pressure wash
  2. two bucket wash with shampoo and wash mitt
  3. towel dry
  4. clay bar (removes tar glues small particles)
  5. machine polish or hand
  6. then seal with a wax or a sealant (nano tec)
Not every time of course possibly once a year, i snow foam, then wash dry and use an instant detail wax, sprays on wipe off and leaves a good shine and it goes on glass rubber etc etc, maguires ultimate quick detailer (smell nice too)

·
Banned
5,495 Posts
take a look at http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk they do some good snow foam and some good snow foam guns ?

i tried the karcher gun and they are **** the autobrite snow foam gun works brilliant, the foam is thick and sits on the van like snow for 20mins then wash off A: then a wash with a mit and then some instant detailer from maguires works for me :cool:

whats the dodo waxes like ? do you have to keep them away from the plastics? i cant stand white dust on the plastics it never comes off :*
+1 for autobrite. I use their lance and foam on a Nilfisk E140 pressure washer (excellent VFM and really powerful!)

I use Bilt Hamber clay - only needs water as a lube (many need detailing spray) and then seal and polish with Zaino Z5 Pro which is a very good two in one type product - leaves superb shine.

To the OP - van is looking superb!

·
previously known as: baggit
812 Posts
So finally tried snow foam out today. May take some trial and error on the foaming side of things but I'm sure you guys may have some tips. This is my first time trying the detailing jazz out normally pressure wash and sponge....done!

Basic wash

- snowfoam
- 1 bucket wash with muc off
- tango spray wax
- tested some dodo paint cleanser on one panel

Heres the results

Also put up the vanx curtains over the weekend and wasn't as bad as I thought, although I think I have been given some incorrect end caps and the flexible rails are good to bend but they can skew off to the sides a bit too.

I haven't fitted the tie backs as I couldn't see the point? What's everyone elses thoughts, I have noted the poppers on the curtains do rattle a lot though!

Any feedback would be sweet...:ILU:
i didnt fit the tie back, think they are a bit.....well girly lol, youre right about the poppers rattling though, bit annoying when you notice it. i only got the cheap curtasins as i didnt want black out, werent too bad for the money and had a black rail which i wanted T:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts