VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been quoted £670 for a new clutch and £1260 for clutch and (DMF) flywheel on a 1999 2.5TDI from VW main dealer :blg
Seems a bit pricey to me!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just been quoted £670 for a new clutch and £1260 for clutch and (DMF) flywheel on a 1999 2.5TDI from VW main dealer :blg
should need to replace the flywheel normally, I got a clutch and CSC for 150 quid for the same engine at eurocarparts T:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
When you do a clutch on these its definatly worth replacing the DMF as well, as you may have to remove the gearbox etc again if it goes in the future, I am sure you can have it done a lot cheaper, Not sure if its worth a drive down and over night stay but these guys seem to know what there doing and for a very good price http://www.totallyt4.co.uk/services/mechanical/

·
Registered
260 Posts
is this including fitting? if so I don't think it's bad, I was quoted 650 pounds for new clutch and CSC fitted by a cheap bodge shop!

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
ive paid just over 600 quid for clutch and flywheel and a new fork thingy supplied and fitted and the good old AA paid for half of that ... result :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
bear in mind that if you go for a clutch only and find your flywheel is also shot, as I just have, then according to the garage you cannot buy a DMF separately, so now I have to buy a clutch + pressure plate + DMF kit :bhd

·
Registered
260 Posts
unfortunately I can't the van is in bits in the garage and I'm in southern Belgium, everyone speaks French and virtually no English, plus I need the van back before the weekend so I am going to have to let them screw me :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Well make sure they supply you the other clutch as you have already been charged for it then when you get home Im sure onbe of the guys on here will buy it T:

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts