VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

About to have my bed fitted in 2009 T5. Do most have it positioned as far back against the back doors as possible? So there is little gap when the bed is down and doors are closed?

We were thinking about having it a few inches further forward but will follow the above if best.

Thanks

·
Registered
760 Posts
Mine was a bit forward from the doors and not only did the pillows disappear but it reduced the room at the foot of the bed when getting up to put shorts on.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Have you thought about having it on moveable rails?

means that if you’re carrying passengers you can move the seat forward and have a boot whilst sliding back for maximum floor space when camping

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks both. yeah rails are a good idea. may ask him about this tomorrow. Was hoping to have a little bit more room if we ever side facing out the back doors, but 1, not sure its worth it if it means losing pillows and less room in the back.

failing the rails, i will ask to have it placed back close to the doors, i guess in the usual position.

·
Registered
249 Posts
One driver in this is access to your side unit with the bed out.
In a SWB, the popular layout of a front opening fridge behind the drivers seat means you can still get into the fridge to make your partner a cup of tea while they're still in bed etc... (definitely a good move) - AS LONG as the bed is not too far forward.
Putting a kettle on also warms up a cold van in seconds...
If you want a gap at the head end for flexibility packing, look for a bed where the head cushion hinges upwards... eg RIB, Cali, and also various super cheap styles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts