VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, just picked up my first T4, getting to know the site so sorry if this is elsewhere but anyone got any advice on a three seater (with seatbelts) folding bed. Have been looking at the Cannon's Forge example just wondering if there were others? Looking for a standalone unit thats not too costly. Cheers guys.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Hi, I have a jds metaltech r&r 3/4 bed fitted to my bus, they are very well made and they fit them for free and also a bit cheaper than the cannon forge ones, they obviously do the full width one as well. If you type jds metaltech in to the search box it should take you to what you want, also if you have a look in my album you can see a few pics, Mick.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Who ever you buy your bed from, check its capable of having the lower seat base tilting back a bit. There is a reason why any sofa, easy chair etc in your house will have sloping seat bases (where your behind goes). This is loads comfier than a flat seat base. I spent a weekend last summer sitting in the back of my mate's bay. It has a flat seat and it was just NOT comfy after a few hours. As far as I can make out, all the sliding metal based seats have flat seat bases, which doesn't make good sense to me.

·
Registered
424 Posts
please remember that alot of theae's beds have not been Crash Tested or TUV approved. , only two brands, the RIB Rock and Roll Beds and the Variotech Rock and Roll Beds.

T:T:T:

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
please remember that alot of theae's beds have not been Crash Tested or TUV approved. , only two brands, the RIB Rock and Roll Beds and the Variotech Rock and Roll Beds.

T:T:T:
The OEM multivan bed has also had this done - although this is AKA the Variotech, just to add to the confusion.

And I'm going to leave it there as this particular can of worms has been opened on too many occasions - even for an 'opinionated' person like me :)

T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts