VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cheers T:

Been away doing an Electrics Installation so will get posted out the morning A:
Just got round to fitting this & it works a treat.
Can't fault this addition guys, really easy to fit & hoovie is mega helpful.
Thanks mate for everything ?????

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Hi, just a wee note to say if anyone is after one of these really handy kits that not only let you use your Radio on your Camper, Dayvan or Surf Bus keys out, best to buy within the next few days as due to price rises for both materials used to build them and postage costs to ship them, I will need to increase the prices for the new batch I am just making. I will honour the current prices for any purchases made for the rest of the Month, but from 1st May, there will new, increased prices :(

SO anyway, why do you need one and why will it still be a great deal even AFTER the price increase, let alone before?

Well, the original Drive/Camping Radio Selector Kit give you the ability to run the radio/head unit on your T4, T5 or T6 without the need to have the ignition key in the lock - much better for security and convinience T:
And with a flick of the supplied switch, you can revert back to the radio going on and off with the key, ideal for a daily-driver that doubles up as a weekend getaway :cool:
And what is more this kit can be installed with zero cable cutting and virtually no electrical experience or knowledge - everything is ready to plug and play A:
This Basic Switch will be going up to £12 including P&P from the first of May, the first increase since the original price of £10 from its introduction

I can also provide pre-prepared mounts for the kit switch which fit in place of the standard dashblanks (so suitable if you have spare positions to drop it in). These mounts are available for the T4 (late dash), T5 and T5.1 and are priced at £7.99 each (this price and the slight increase is due to a combination of the price of the parts rising and the fact that the inclusion of the mounts pushes the Royal Mail Postage charge up from a large letter to becoming a parcel, whose prices increases a few weeks ago!)

Please note that the Drive/Camping kit is suitable for any radio headunit that uses the conventional IGN-ON signal to turn the radio on. This means that it should work on ALL T4s and early T5s up to around 2005 (Those that predate the Quadlock type Radio fitting) no matter if they are running original head units or aftermarket units. It is also suitable for later T5s (2005+), T5.1s and early T6s if they are running aftermarket Radio/Head Units that come with the industry standard ISO loom connections.

Special Drive/Camping Kit for T6 with Stop/Start - £17.00 (adds in Relay Control so Radio Ignition in and Radio Power in are always from same battery source)

I also have a 5 Metre Leisure Battery Extension Lead, ready prepared to connect right into the Selector Kit one end, and onto a Leisure Battery Fusebox the other at just £5
(Greater lengths available on request)

Added a little later on due to requests to provide a full installation solution on the T5 and T6 is my Quadlock-ISO Installation Kit.
This includes everything you need for a toolless cutfree aftermarket radio installation, and rather then a fancy Canbus box to spoof an ignition signal, I provide a simple piggyback fuse method instead - adds an extra couple of minutes to install, but saves a nice chunk of change :D. The Kit also includes a single boosted FAKRA-DIN radio antenna plug converter to allow you to plug in your standard VW aerial lead into the large round DIN aerial socket found on just about every aftermarket radio head unit.

This Kit for the T5, including 4 radio extraction keys (to remove the old radio with ease) plus the original Drive/Camping Selector kit is £31.99 including P&P from the 1st May, but any orders until that date will be taken at the original price of £30.00

The Quadlock Kit for the T5.1 and T6, which don't include the extraction keys as not needed for the later Transporters is just £29.99 from 1st of May, but £28.00 until then

If you want the Full Kit of Drive/Camping Selector Kit, Quadlock Kit, AND Switch Mount, then that will be just £37.50 for the T5 and £35.50 for the T5.1 (I don't have mounts for the T6 unfortunately as they are a horrendous price from VW :eek: ) from May 1st - but if you order before then, you can knock off £2.00 as I am asorbing the price rise until then T:

And finally, if you want the "Full Monty" of Install Kits for your T5.1 - so:
The Drive/Camping Kit with 3-Way switch,
The Quadlock-to-ISO Adapter Kit,
The FAKRA-to-DIN Aerial Adapter,
The Piggyback fuse holder for the Ignition Supply,
The Leisure Battery extension lead to avoid draining your starter battery,
The Switch Mounting Plate,
PLUS a Trim Facia so your new Double-Din Head Unit blends in with your lovely curved T5.1 dashboard​
- the whole kit is yours for a bargain price of £54.99 including P&P to anywhere in the UK (To Europe, the cost will be 59.99)

And remember, these kits require no electrical tools to install, and no adapation to VW wiring - so they can be fitted without affecting or removing any original wiring or looms, and removed with ease at a later date if you are putting the OEM radio in if selling or moving the radio and kit to a new van.

·
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
Special Drive/Camping Loom Kit for T6 with Stop/Start

I have not come across the issue myself, but I have been advised that the latest Pioneer Radios when installed using a leisure battery power source and fitted in a T6 with Stop/Start Feature can have a tendency to restart due to differences in voltages on the Power line (from Leisure Battery) and Ignition line (via Starter Battery).

If you have this particular combination of Radio and Vehicle, (or even if you just like the idea of the radio having a single power source) then I have a special version of the Drive/Camping Loom Kit for you A:
It is just like the original Kit, with the addition of an extra component and some additional cabling.
This version adds in a Relay Control so ensuring that the Radio Ignition in and Radio Power in are always from same battery source and hence the same voltage, but still gives you the flexibility to select if you want the Radio coming on and off with the key, or on without the key needed T:

But again, just as before, everything is plug and play and no cutting of cables, either from the radio loom or the VW loom is needed, and no fitting of connectors is required, except you WILL need to fit an earth strap to an appropriate earthing point on the vehicle. There are plenty to points to choose from (I would be inclined to use the radio chassis itself possibly).
The Earth strap to be fitted is of course supplied with the kit and is pre-prepared with a ring terminal for ultimate ease of installation.

The Kit is pictured below:
Radioloom%20T6_1 by David, on Flickr

This adds £5.00 to the cost of the standard Drive/Camping Loom due to the extra componentry and increased postage charge (the package again moves from a large letter to becoming a parcel!)

·
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
Hi, I would like a kit for a T5.1 (2014). PLease PM me payment info. Thanks
Thanks for your order T:

I have got my new stock of Switch Mounts* in now, so all ready to provide fully pre-prepared Switch kits where there is NOTHING to do other then push one connector onto another, and full instructions are provided :)

* I have mount for the later (rectangular Dash Blank style) T4, the T5 and the T5.1 (mod'ing the T5.1 is a right PITA as well!).
I don't have blanks for T4 early or T6

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi, just to confirm - your product won't work with a RNS-510 will it, because of the canbus? Am I doomed never to get it running from the leisure battery without turning itself off?

·
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Hi, I would like to order the £12.00 kit for a T4, can you send me payment details please.
Thanks
Lorraine
Hi Lorraine.
Payment via paypal to "[email protected]" and please PM me your address T:
Out Posting about 10:30 so if details received before then, kit with your name on it will be on its way :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
HI
looking to fit a pioneer avh 3500dab to my 2008 t5 does your complete kit fit that application? If so i think this is the answer to my nightmare as im not great with electricals.

thanks

·
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
HI
looking to fit a pioneer avh 3500dab to my 2008 t5 does your complete kit fit that application? If so i think this is the answer to my nightmare as im not great with electricals.

thanks
It does indeed :)
The full kit for the T5 which will let you remove the old radio and put in a lovely full-screen Pioneer in its place is £37.50 including Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Post and this includes full instructions, all the wiring you need to connect it up, plus the extra clever bit that allows you to chose to listen to the radio with the keys out if you want (and also to come on and off with the key when you want that feature) with dashmounted switch ready to pop in.
No cutting or crimping of cables are required - everything is plug and play T:

The kit includes the FM/AM Ariel adapter with power connection as well, but one item you will need to add for the DAB versions of the AVH headunits is an DAB Aerial.
The ideal antenna to fit is a roof-mounted one for sure, but if you don't fancy drilling a hole in the roof, or you live in a decent Digital Radio reception area, then the Windscreen mounted DAB aerials can work very nicely if properly fitted (the key thing is simply a decent bare-metal ground on the A-Pillar behind the pillar trim for the copper ground on the aerial to stick on to) and are a lot cheaper and also easier to fit then the roof ones.

I don't supply roof-mounted aerials, but if you wanted a DAB Screen Aerial, then I can include a Pioneer DAB Aerial along with the main wiring kit for a total price of £53.50 including Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Post

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi
Got my kit will be fitting next weekend as van away at a mates at the min.
Just a quick note to say what a great service you provide. Looks a top notch solution and the added haribo were fantastic
Well recommended T:T:T:A:A:
Thanks Martin

·
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Hi
Got my kit will be fitting next weekend as van away at a mates at the min.
Just a quick note to say what a great service you provide. Looks a top notch solution and the added haribo were fantastic
Well recommended T:T:T:A:A:
Thanks Martin
Thanks for the nice comments, Martin :)
Shouldn't need to do so, but any questions at all about installing, as usual just ask T:

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Hi Hoovie

Could you send me a Drive/Camping Selector Switch: the standard switch set PLUS ISO-ISO Adapter kit for T4

Let me know payment details please matey

Cheers

Davie

101 - 120 of 177 Posts