VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've just got my T5 and guy I bought it off cant find radio code, I'm going to fit Cruise next week which means disconnecting the battery and that will mean no radio without the code.

Can you get the code from the radio if it's currently installed and working?

I am replacing the unit but would be good to keep radio and code as backup/ if I sell van and want to keep unit.

Many thanks,

Mike.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
not sure myself but you could ask dazboi01 he would know for definete,he may be along soon

or you can buy memory saver devices from auto stores online which connect to your battery clamp before you disconnect your battery and just put enough of a trickle through to keep the memory

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Hi
the code is normally memorized so can be removed and refitted into the same van and wont require the code, Only when fitted into another van will it require the code.

So fitting your cruise should be no problem.

T:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be cool in the short term. Going to Scotland in a week so if I get Cruise sorted and still have the radio. Might find time to put my own head unit in and not be a prob any way. Just helps having code so I don't have to worry.

Thanks for the replies guys, I've PM'd Dazboi on something else as I can see he's very helpful.

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
the later t5s the stereo is coded to the vehicle, so if removed it will recognise the same unit without requiring the code nice and easy, the older ones (with beta cassette players) will need to go onto a 5051b to be coded and the code can then be written down and stored, we can now get stereo codes again through elsa, and if youre one of the lucky people to have a vdo unit, take it out and use it as a door stop! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahaa, mine's probs only good for a doorstop but I'm a hoarder.

It's a beta unit. Took it out now, got to go and get an arial adapter.

thanks for the reply.

Mike.

·
13,223 Posts
did u get the pm bout the cruise? now i know uve got a t5 LOL:LOL:

·
13,223 Posts
you can still get stereo codes from the elsa system, did one yesterday

1 - 8 of 8 Posts