VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My battery drains after about 4 days. The radio ( original radio/cassette) seems to be the culprit, sometimes it would work fine other times it wouldn't come on at all & if the lights were switched on, the back light on the radio would flash.
I've taken the radio fuse out & the battery has been fine.
Dodgy earth maybe? any other ideas.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Hi
My battery drains after about 4 days. The radio ( original radio/cassette) seems to be the culprit, sometimes it would work fine other times it wouldn't come on at all & if the lights were switched on, the back light on the radio would flash.
I've taken the radio fuse out & the battery has been fine.
Dodgy earth maybe? any other ideas.

Cheers
Probably fault with the unit, we had one in on Thursday kept blowing fuses...and in the past had them in drawing to much current like yours, time to replace as it won't be a connection issue....

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that T:
I was going to replace the head unit but wanted to make sure it wasn't a wiring fault before I did.
Don't have any cassettes to put in it anyway....

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the confirmation Upspex. Changing the subject a bit. I was going to go down the PMS3 route, but I notice from other posts that you don't reckon it for vans.
What would I need for a standard set up & roughly how much would it cost to supply.
I want to run a waeco cr50 fridge, proplex heater, couple of sockets, lighter socket & 240v hookup.

I'd like to fit the battery under the drivers seat, so the battery would need to be low enough, some sort of control panel & VSR.
PM me if you prefer.

Cheers
Terry :ILU:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks mate.
May have to ring you with regard to what I need though. Electrics are not one of my strong points.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts