VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both the feeds to my radio ( a red and a yellow) are both permanently live?so,always had to switch radio on manually....then usually forget n leave it on!:(
traced wiring into dash as far as i could,no obvious reasons for it?plus it has a parrot phone blutooth fitted,so more wires than a bt exchange!
in the end ive checked my owners manual and taken an ignition live from no9 fuse,says its not used for anything?
only things i could find in search facility was no radio live?....not bloody 2 of them!
hope this of some use to anyone else with same problem?
or tell me what ive done wrong?:*T:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey mate, on my radio - a pretty standard sony jobby, the yellow is connected to the permanent live, and the red is the ignition acc cable, which I think is white on a t4, but could vary. The yellow one enables it to keep its memory, with the radio stations etc, while the accessory power from the ignition turns it on when you have the key in. Try taking the plastics off from around the key and isolating which wire turns live when you have the key in. I also have my stereo wired up to the leisure battery via a 3 way switch so I can play from that when I'm stationary.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I think the Talking bird may be the key here. They usually have an option to bugger about with the permanent live and the ignition, If you remove the parrot and plug your head unit in you should see!

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
discodave...i think your right there:(,theres a lot of interplugging going on behind the radio),but the parrots handy,n was in van when i got it,the radios sorted nowT:,has the ignition feed off no9 fuse?real pain in the ar5e doing it tho,i knew it wouldnt be a simple
"swap the wires round"for me:*

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
discodave...i think your right there:(,theres a lot of interplugging going on behind the radio),but the parrots handy,n was in van when i got it,the radios sorted nowT:,has the ignition feed off no9 fuse?real pain in the ar5e doing it tho,i knew it wouldnt be a simple
"swap the wires round"for me:*
nowts ever simple eh mateyLOL:LOL:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts