VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My switched live for the radio suddenly stopped working and I have no idea what to look at as tracing the wire is not easy? I cant find a blown fuse or realy that covers this and I am not sure if this issue is causing my battery to drain?

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
My switched live for the radio suddenly stopped working and I have no idea what to look at as tracing the wire is not easy? I cant find a blown fuse or realy that covers this and I am not sure if this issue is causing my battery to drain?

thanks
hi mate i had the same problem i found a blown fuse at the bottom of the fuse box theres a cover turn 2 clips either side and theres a couple fuses in there dont no if you know about them i took a live from the glove box light and then found the fuses what i found aswel is that my dash would come back on on its own my battery would go dead

·
Registered
16 Posts
ive had the same problem this afternoon... the switch live has stopped working ! im pritty sure the two fuses underneath are permanent live.

where could i find another switched live ?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
whats going on i fitted my parrot kit today all working fine then started the bus no radio arrrrrgh radio out again plenty of checking turned out switched live was dead checked fuse all ok so out came the wire from the garage i picked up a switched live from the back of the ignition ran a wire to the back of the stereo and joined it to the original wire (brown and red) job done will sort a proper fix when its warmer hope this helps

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not been a good day for Radios haha....

Im guessing your ignition live you picked up is the same colour as the stereo one ?

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
no mate if you want i will go have a look

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds like a sensible permanent solution to me! Can you let em know a wire colour and best location to splice into it.

thanks

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
cold out there. the wire i used from the ignition is black and yellow just check with a test light first i used a scotch lock about 80mm down from the multi plug then run the wire and connected loom side of the original radio plug with a scotch lock

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
When the supply on the brown/red disappears and the fuse is ok suspect the ignition switch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts