VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my wife Diane passed away after a long 8 year battle with cancer, she thought she'd beat it 3 times but the kept coming back.
We were always going to get a camper when we could afford one later in life but due to the cancer coming back we decided to take the plunge and bought a van then converted it about 31/2 years ago, we had the best possible time in our van and are so happy and thankful for all the support we got on here

I'm raising money for the unbelievable place that looked after Di during her last few weeks, it is almost completely charity run and needs £5.5k a day to keep going, please take time to read my just giving page and please donate if possible

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/philip-lince?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=tweetfeed&utm_campaign=mypages

Many thanks

Phil & Di x

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Good work Phil. Donated and shared. One day perhaps I could get in touch. We're 4 yrs and 2nd time into our battle...

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
Hi Phill, my 18 year old daughter is 10 weeks in remission after a long battle!

Your girl will be so proud of you, well done mate. Donation made, good luck to you and the family.:ILU:

·
Registered
145 Posts
just donated, best of luck,come on guys,
you all talk about converting,some of you have a lot more money than most of us.
i am T4. you are t5 /T6,1%of your conversion would make 1 hell of a difference.
please do it.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
good luck phil

wife diagnosed with cancer. last march.treatable but not cureable.we live in hope.
both in our seventys .so gratefull for what we have had.
donated.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all so much, getting to my target of £10k now but between our family we've raised nearly £17.5k, it's not going to bring my wife Di back but helps knowing others will benefit from the amazing treatments the Hospices' give

Hope your wife picks up mate and thanks again

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Phil, so sorry to hear about your Wife, I too lost my Wife to the big C 10 yrs ago. We were planning to get a camper but due to the agressive nature of her cancer we were unable to get one, she died within 4 months of being diagnosed.
I bought a T5 the following year and it has kept me sane building a camper. Myself and my boys have had great times in it since.
I cannot believe how much the people at the hospice and Macmillan helped us through such a hard time.
I now can look back at the great times we had over the 24 yrs we were together.
It will get better mate if you ever need anyone to talk to PM me.
All the best

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wife. My wife died in 2014 of Pancreatic Cancer and I got the van after she died, it really helped my grieving.. But then I got Prostate Cancer..
I was treated and possibly cured but I just want to say to anyone with cancer, or who knows someone with cancer, and I am not selling anything here. Look into taking SALVESTROLS.. a possible cancer cure discovered in Leicester De Montfort University by Prof Gerry Potter and Prof Dan Burke.. You can buy them on-line from a company called 1880Life, which is based in Leicestershire, although the pills are now made in New Zealand.. This comes from the same professor who invented ABIRATERONE ZYTIGA for Prostate Cancer which allegedly sold to a drugs company for a billion dollars, so Salvestrols come from two professors who have dedicated their working life to cancer, so it isn't some internet snake oil..Or so I believe..I found out about them when my wife was dying from cancer but I found out too late.. Maybe they wotk, maybe they don't, maybe they work for some people, just putting teh information out there.

They are about £70 for 90 pills, one a day to prevent cancer, perhaps take more if you already have it..

Anyway, as I said, just putting the information out there, I do not sell them or make anything from telling you about them.. I have been taking them since my diagnosis, my treatment has gone fairly easily, compared to a lot of people..

Google them. I feel fine now.. But I had teh hospital treatment as well, just take these as a bit of insurance against it coming back etc..

Best Wishes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts