VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi mates got what looks like a landrover fuel pump on a afn engine and sometimes at idle the revs start to rise high ,does any one any idea where to start checking also random cutting out but starts straight away ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi mates got what looks like a landrover fuel pump on a afn engine and sometimes at idle the revs start to rise high ,does any one any idea where to start checking also random cutting out but starts straight away ?
Did the pump got benched before it got on AFN? Did Landy that the pump came from had a aircon?

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have not got a glue,mate bought the van with the conversion already done .what do you mean benched ?
Could the cutting out be the fuel shut off valve

·
Registered
24 Posts
When i rebuild my pumps i always test them on test bench, to calibrate them to setup. Does it cuts under driving or only when idling? Problem with mine was that pump was calibrated to vehicle with A/C (basically it does not allow the car to stall when its idling and the A/C pump switches on) and i had a faulty alternator that tend to seize so in which case the pump automatically gave more RPM's and when alternator started to turn freely again then engine dropped RPM's and stalled. There can be number of things why it cuts out..

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi that's the problem we do not know anything about the history off the set up ,cuts out when driving but starts straight back up again and goes for so long,sometimes it's days before it does it again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts