VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Firstly, my apologies for choice of User name ... I crumbled under pressure!!

I'm hoping someone out there will be able to help ...

I bought a new van last week which will soon be converted into a camper, and managed to blag a set of alloys from the guy selling them. However, I have no idea if they can be put onto the van. The details I have on them are:

Smiths Racing Multifitment Alloys (5 spoke wheels)

offset ET22
width 7.5J

The tyres they have on them are 205,45,16 kumbo ecsta

I am unsure of the bolt combination.

Does this make sense to anyone?? I have been informed that because they are multi fit that the van will be too heavy for them??

Any advice would be great, thanks.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Let me know by pm, the username you would like to change to and I'll let admin know T:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I would suspect that a multifit wheel would not take the weight of a van. The normal PCD for a T4 is 5 x 112mm. I believe multifit have a wider diameter hole, to enable them to fit several different bolt fitments and that the bolts would have to have a large taper on them, to take up the adjustment? This is just a guess, I don't actually know how they work but would think there would be too much strain on the bolts with the weight of a T4. I'm sure someone will be along soon to clarify, in any case I:

Anyway, welcome to the mad house :ILU:

·
Registered
465 Posts
A multifit wheel simply has two seperate stud patterns, nothing to do with the holes being larger.

multifit wheels are generally not purpose built for vans, however there are many many people who run car wheels on vans with no issues.

That said i am not in any way responsible if you fit them and they break!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts