VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
To be honest I assumed it was Someone's better half in the pic as I am rather slow on the uptake. But it was the style of the van I liked, although now I am appreciating both ;).
Someone's better half? :* nope, no sir. x

Did you like Kate thingys van because of the van and it's style or because it's own by a tall attractive brunette???I: LOL: I know my answer....;)
You van whore, hehehehee Rasp: x

So seriously, I'm tempted to get me some polished 17's as I'm really not made up on my wheels. OR, I could get those old retro Chrome wheel ring/trims (whatever they're called) on my existing 14's- whats the concensus of opinion, coz I was always under the impression a Rat or indeed Rat Look is a scruffy body but shiney rims?

·
Registered
196 Posts

So seriously, I'm tempted to get me some polished 17's as I'm really not made up on my wheels. OR, I could get those old retro Chrome wheel ring/trims (whatever they're called) on my existing 14's- whats the concensus of opinion, coz I was always under the impression a Rat or indeed Rat Look is a scruffy body but shiney rims?
You mean moon disks T:

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Shiny bod, tat rims.....
Black bumpers and standard steelies, bits o wood, few stickers...way to go..........I:;):D

Looks even better :* with black / white plates :D ( pic taken before new grille badge and steels)

·
Registered
3,305 Posts

Haha, Van ..... Ok, well I've been called worse things I must add but I'll go with it.

As stated above, they're called moon discs. I think your bus would look pretty cool with them on. I'd personally look at getting some banded steels on there. Have a look through the wheel thread and it'll give you an idea of what it's all about. It would give your rat van an awesome, aggressive stance that (I personally think) it will suit.T::D

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Ok firstly, I'm stayin with the orange indicators for now as it does appear to be 'different' hehehee.

And secondly- HOW MUCH for banded steels- like omg!
But I'm strangley drawn to them, hmmmm. So, could I band some 16's for my rear and me keep the standard 14's up front? Kinda the old narrowed beam effect, and stancey? Or do I band the 14's all round? Also, I do have a spare set of 15's which are surplus at the mo. Thoughts?

But hey, I do have a cunning plan brewing for the current wheels and should know soon if I can pull it off. Will be different and hoping unique in the T4 scene- I mean, as if rolling on 14's wasn't unique enough, hehehee, ohh- and cheap- we like cheap, x

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
You'd get a right "rake" look with 16's on the rear and 14's on the front. Not seen or read it done on here yet so, why not. Worth a go hey?!
Well if you've also got some ideas on the making go with that as well. Any clues to whey you may have planned???

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
....Well if you've also got some ideas on the making go with that as well. Any clues to whey you may have planned???
Ok, so the plans are typical Eva bus style, errrmmm, different, cheap (we like cheap) and simple.
I've acquired the ingredients for my wheel recipe, and will make a start this week- hopefully have done by the weekend (depending on my skills, hehehee).

BUT, I desperately need some Cavalier/Calibra rear springs to put in. (I do just pput them straight in yes?)

PLEEEEEASE can anyone help with a set of mega low springs- anything considered! x

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Ok, so the plans are typical Eva bus style, errrmmm, different, cheap (we like cheap) and simple.
I've acquired the ingredients for my wheel recipe, and will make a start this week- hopefully have done by the weekend (depending on my skills, hehehee).

BUT, I desperately need some Cavalier/Calibra rear springs to put in. (I do just pput them straight in yes?)

PLEEEEEASE can anyone help with a set of mega low springs- anything considered! x
Well get your bum (I'd say peach but I can't confirm if it is, and I don't want to be done for slander) down to a local scrappy. I'm sure they'll be able to source you some from there yard somewhere? If not I'm guessing they'll point you to the nearest one that has.
Fitting wise, yes. Just jack your back end up (no pun intended) all the way, the springs will need space to fall out. Place the new ones in and slowly drop it down making sure that everything is lined up correctly.

If you were going to reading festival in two weeks I'd happily assist you in the fitting for a cuppa as payment.I:;)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts