VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my first T4, 98 caravelle automatic, I'm in love, she drives great but when you stop, there is a nasty rattle coming from around the gearbox/exhaust. Don't think its happening other than after driving and coming to a stop. Sound like a weld has come loose, hoping it has nothing to do with the gearbox, I will get underneath her tomorrow but wondering if anybody has any ideas where to look and what to look for. Australian here, Loving the forum, so much help and inspiration already.

Cheers

·
Registered
110 Posts
Where the exhaust meet the manifold there is a round gasket that goes onto the manifold that sits in to the down pipe but u won't c it with out takin the down pipe off if it has high mileage that might b it c if there's a bit of smoke when u start it coming out of it

·
Registered
110 Posts
She's not even broke in with that low mileage I'm pushing 450 but where are lookin for the smoke plus if u look at the left side of the engine bay u will side the top of the down pipe get someone to rev the car and put ur hand down to feel for a leak just watch it will b hot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts