VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rattle/jingle noise coming from front left:confused: It goes away under braking.
Today going down hill, it was rattling, pressed brake pedal and it went away, lifted off and it came back. It's very noticeable over rougher surfaces. I have replaced the front arb bushes,
and have checked the brakes and suspension all appear to be ok. Sounds like something is loose more so than worn.
Anyone got any ideas???? My mind is being bent:bhd

Also tapping noise has returned coming from vacuum pump. It was ok for about 6 weeks after fitting a new rod to the pump. Well there goes 30 euros and about 45 mins of time.
Must hunt down a cheap vacuum pump.

And they say things come in 3sLOL: what next?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmmm checked that this evening......seemed tight.:(

·
Registered
46 Posts
possibly pads rattling.... If you have cooked your brakes on a big descent you may have melted the retaining spring behind the pads into a less err... springy state. just take it out and bend it back out so it presses the pads harder.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
LOL:LOL:LOL:
look for cats collar and may be dead catLOL:LOL:LOL:

are all wheel nut tight and checked for play in wheel bearing

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
you could also jack up front wheel, take off the wheel put van in gear and spin it up so you can see/hear where noise is coming from. use blocks or axel stands though,
and befor anyone says it providing one drive wheel is off the ground the van wont dissapeare into the far blue yonder, you can allso get someone to gently aply brake for you,

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have this rattle too. Van went in for a clutch change, ever since, rattle as if something is loose. Tinny noise, not to scary or anything, but oh so bloody annoying....

What could they have done when doing the Clutch? Been trying to think......:confused:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
luvbus if you depress clutch slowly asin ridding does rattle still continue did they put in whole new clutch and release bearing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts