VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Have the Reimo Variotech 3000 bed fitted to our van, to start it was OK but has increasingly started to RATTLE!! I have adjusted the dampeners and these seem OK. The rattle seems to be coming from the backrest which seems to be rattling in it's locked position. Has anyone got any tips or advice on 'derattling' a bed?

Thanx in advance :)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
How old is it?

Presumably it was installed by CMC as they are closest to you. Have they offered a solution?

We have just ordered a new van and are considering on one of these so would be interested to hear the outcome.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Hi all

Have the Reimo Variotech 3000 bed fitted to our van, to start it was OK but has increasingly started to RATTLE!! I have adjusted the dampeners and these seem OK. The rattle seems to be coming from the backrest which seems to be rattling in it's locked position. Has anyone got any tips or advice on 'derattling' a bed?

Thanx in advance :)
Have you checked the bar that runs under the main seat that you pull out to collapse the bed? I've noticed mine rattles too and assumed it was that? Definitely need a solution though it's annoying!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for replies, fitted last year and yes by CMC. Have taken it back and they have tinkered but not able to help with back rest rattle. Very happy with it as a bed/seat but rattle does annoy. It is better when loaded eg. bedding and topper mattress rolled up in back.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
CMC should fix it and not just tinker. It is far and away THE most expensive R&R option on the market so you are entitled for it to be perfect.

To help them find the rattle - when as you say it is loaded does this just muffle it or is the weight / pressure of loading it actually damping something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts