VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bit of advice needed here. basically i want to fit an rcd 310 to my 54 plate t5. I know i will need to change the fascia and top tray which is no big deal as the newer inits are a different shape. My question is this - will it connect directly to my existing wiring or is it going to be more trouble than its worth? The reason for doing this is because i want to keep the factory look. Cheers for any help on this.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
bit of advice needed here. basically i want to fit an rcd 310 to my 54 plate t5. I know i will need to change the fascia and top tray which is no big deal as the newer inits are a different shape. My question is this - will it connect directly to my existing wiring or is it going to be more trouble than its worth? The reason for doing this is because i want to keep the factory look. Cheers for any help on this.
Got a brand new one if you are after one bud?

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
You'll need an aerial adapter , £3 on the bay and a little bit of fettling to the dash. I promise I will be doing this how to soon!!!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well if he takes me up on my offer his van will be famous!!
You have got a deal young man! Only problem is I have none of the parts or stereo. I will get hold of parts and be in touch. I will also need to get asr switch and heated rear window switch which I assume will plug into original plugs?

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
You have got a deal young man! Only problem is I have none of the parts or stereo. I will get hold of parts and be in touch. I will also need to get asr switch and heated rear window switch which I assume will plug into original plugs?
The wiring connectors are different, I'm looking into that. ( and I'm not that young !!)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
If you search the bay some sellers are selling RC 310
And also sell the looms to prevent the battery drain in their other listings

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This all looks like its starting to get very expensive and am beginning to wonder if its going to be worth it!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also as mine is pre canbus its an iso connector - i cant find a connector lead that goes from iso to the quadlock connector i need to plug into the new radio - there are hundreds available for the other way round. Reaching a bit of a brick wall with this one.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts

This is a better way than the rcd unit and comes complete with leads.....

I have one fitted and its a great piece of kit

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think you are on to something there! Would actually be cheaper than the oem route by the time i buy the radio and usb module, then this other module to stop battery drain then the module to drip feed money from my bank account lol.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
I think you are on to something there! Would actually be cheaper than the oem route by the time i buy the radio and usb module, then this other module to stop battery drain then the module to drip feed money from my bank account lol.
Had mine for 8months faultless... fitted a few now too!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts