VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, the radio reception on my bus is really poor. Is this a standard feature or is there likely to be something amiss? I can only get radio 1 and 2, and even then it keeps dropping off. Surely this is not right??

I'd rather not get a new unit just yet as to get what i want (dab pioneer unit) my budget isnt big enough yet. Unlessi just get a single din pioneer dab?

Lastly, i've salvaged some focal component speakers out of my other car that i'm selling. These are 6.5" and should fit shouldnt they? T:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Like many manufacturers VW use diversity aerials since FM is plagued by ghosting
A 7 series for example has 7 aerials to prevent this
I am afraid a 200 unit is quite simply the pits with just one aerial
Most vans dealers ordered a 300 unit as has two aerials

Gota fitted deal on Pioneer 980DAB for £500 + VAT from Swiss and quite a few of the Pendle agents
if this helps
Some vans need a fitting kit which is extra
Many customers are adding reversing cameras , amps speakers etc

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Hi all, the radio reception on my bus is really poor. Is this a standard feature or is there likely to be something amiss? I can only get radio 1 and 2, and even then it keeps dropping off. Surely this is not right??

I'd rather not get a new unit just yet as to get what i want (dab pioneer unit) my budget isnt big enough yet. Unlessi just get a single din pioneer dab?

Lastly, i've salvaged some focal component speakers out of my other car that i'm selling. These are 6.5" and should fit shouldnt they? T:
Many manufactures do single din Dab units,

Standard door speakers are 6.5" but you will require a collar.....

We can supply all of it required and if you like further info, please call us or pmT:

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,170 Posts
I gave up on the built-in aerial on my Shuttle in the end. For a lot of the area I drive around in, I could pick up Radio 2 with hiss, or the local Radio Station (which is awful even with great reception :D ) and nothing else.
Fitted a roof mounted unit (from Absolut5) and now picks up Radio Moscow (not quite, but you get the idea :cool: )

You will need a new aerial anyway when you get a DAB radio, so why not fit a decent FM/DAB aerial now, and use that with your existing head unit until your funds allow for a new stereo? Least you will make the most of the RCD200 that way :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah good shout hoovie. Where do you site the roof aerials (on the roof I know) but at the front or at the back like the bee stings?

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,170 Posts
Ah good shout hoovie. Where do you site the roof aerials (on the roof I know) but at the front or at the back like the bee stings?
Either T:
Most people seem to mount at the back.
I decided to mount mine at the front as it was easiest to both run the cable and also access the roof (just remove the centre light console and loads of room to work with)
This is mine ....

Use a step drill bit or a Q-Max punch (better) to make the hole.

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Or

1 - 9 of 9 Posts