VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the later VW RCD210 stereo head unit can be fitted into earlier models without too much messing? Mine is a 2006, thanks.

·
Registered
660 Posts
If it's the same shape as the t5.1 / mk5 golf type stereo you can fit it by changing the dash plastics it's not too hard just in and out like the original one and cut a few bits of plastic away behind the dash, not sure if you will get a battery drain or not though, some get a battery drain because of the can bus or something.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Does anyone know if the later VW RCD210 stereo head unit can be fitted into earlier models without too much messing? Mine is a 2006, thanks.
You will of course need to do the dash conversion, which needs a top tray, front Facia, switch blanks, if you want a perfect finish then new vents, a bit of cutting is required, the problem arises when wiring up the RCd210 because it runs of a different CanBus protocol,

Personally for the cost and for what little functions you get of a RCD210, it be best to put it towards a decent aftermarket, and get a lot more features.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses, what aftermarket items do you recommend, after something not to flash that will be a straight swap if poss, thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Thanks for the quick responses, what aftermarket items do you recommend, after something not to flash that will be a straight swap if poss, thanks again.
What features do you require, budget and what radio is in your T5 at the moment?

Pm me if you want

1 - 5 of 5 Posts