VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

I have a RCD330 Plus fitted to a 2014 T5, have installed a wireless reversing camera, fitted the necessary adapter and 12v Canbus power relay adapter, power to the camera end Is stable at 12.87 volts but despite everything the system says camera not available when put into reverse, however it defaults to blank camera screen so I have to manually switchover to parking sensors, the cameras has been tested on another monitor and is fine...on a couple of occasions I have had a picture for split second before disappearing and last week got a image form the other end of Lidl’s car park so not sure if it have a memory or was picking up a signal from elsewhere.

All parts have been supplied by the same company and they were convinced the addition of canbus relay and a stable voltage would solve my issues, sadly not.

Just about ready to throw in the towel and send the whole lot back! but would love to get it working anyone had similar problems?

·
Registered
2 Posts
pretty much the same problem here. same head unit as you didn’t work with camera so told i needed the relay. still didn’t work. but unlike you i’m not getting anything on the head unit when it‘s put into reverse. did you have to do anything on the head unit to get a response?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Head unit just did it’s own thing, have reworked everything and now get a picture once vans be started, once it’s been driven a bit the picture gets worse then goes back to nothing so going to try adding canbus behind the head unit to make sure voltage is stable to receiver. Has got to work as can’t see anything else that can be done...

when you said relay that’s what they told me I needed (positive, ground and trigger from reversing light ) then I was told that was wrong and they sent the canbus, just positive and ground goes inline with camera power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts