VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a r click central locking kit but not sure if it's the type I need and if they are any good this is the 1 iv been looking at. http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=53&products_id=398 not sure if link will work but it's the 1 with the flick out Vw key fitted to a car with no central locking.
Any advise be gratefull also is it worth getting the Vw rods with this when I get the bellows.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
That'll do the job. Well worth getting the VW rods and clips, makes the job much easier.

·
Registered
591 Posts
hi i fitted this kit to my van and was very easy but i did buy the bellow,s and rod,s from vw simples. there,s a how to in the electrical section T:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill pay a visit to Vw Friday and order the rods and bits.That will work on the 2 front doors, what about the sliding door and up and over tailgate? Will they work as they are or will I need anything else for them to work? Or are they all the same principle .

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ill pay a visit to Vw Friday and order the rods and bits.That will work on the 2 front doors, what about the sliding door and up and over tailgate? Will they work as they are or will I need anything else for them to work? Or are they all the same principle .
I used a sliding door contact i bought from e-bay...just search for t4 sliding door contact....i got one for £7 with free p&p

I haven't done my back door yet, but from what i understand there are two different options...if you read the thread/sticky in the electrics section it's all there

good luck

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
yeah rclick are good i've got one easy to fit, check out my build thread link belowe and you defo need the vw rods and clips, tip for you order a couple more clips than you need coz they break easy T:

Part codes for rods and clips from VW you need 2 of each for the front doors.

Rods: 7D0 862 163

Clips: 171 837 199

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=218656&postcount=19

:ILU:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Can also vouch for the rclick kit. Has massive range on the remote! Only problem I've found is that the buttons on the fob activate with very little pressure and it means you have to be careful not to accidentally unlock it if the keys get pressed in your pocket as you walk away.

Paul

·
Registered
248 Posts
yep as above, got one fitted to mine, i agree about the buttons tho have heard my van locking and unlocking whilst at work because i keep pushing buttons in my pocket, was wondering how do you guys get on camping, hazard lights and siren bleeping when you open and close the doors, i have a plan but wont post it openly for theiving scum to see....I:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was wondering the same thing i have a Rclick central locking alarm system, has anyone found out a way of muting the bleeping when unlocking and locking its very annoying at times ??? :*:*

·
Registered
248 Posts
maccaa, i think if you hold the lock button on the remote for about 5 secs or so the indicators should flash 3 times, unlock and lock and it will turn the beeping off when you lock and unlock, but it doesnt stop the reminder bleep when you shut the doors and leave it unlocked which i find most annoying..

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
One thing you will find is that the new keys don't have a transponder chip in them, so you have a couple of options,

butcher your keys to get the original transponders out and fit them to your new keys. or get transponders fitted to your new keys.

If your van is up to 2000 I should be able to help.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well ordered my kit off r click Friday 4pm turned up Saturday morning 1st thing just waiting now for sliding door contact off eBay and bellows and clips off Vw with the rear door up and over is there any simple way to use the solenoid I got also can I fit a caravelle handle on inside rather than that red button

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
You will need a Caravelle lock mechanism or an additional fitting kit to do the tailgate.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts