VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So having picked up my lovely old Caravelle ( thanks Paul) and promptly disappeared off on holiday, I am now back and keen to get started on the conversion.
I have read through all the Caravelle conversion threads I can find and after considerable debate have decided that I will likely strip out the plastic panels etc and get it insulated, lined and carpeted as a first step.
So there will soon be all the lining panels, seats and seatbelts out the back available if anyone wants them. Not looking for anything for them but happy to see them used if possible as I am feeling bad about stripping them out! I live in Argyll but could probably arrange to drop stuff in Glasgow or it can be left with my sister in Edinburgh for pickup if anyone wants any if it.
I am thinking of getting Vanguard Conversions in Fort William to do the lining, and should probably do the leisure battery and wiring at the same time.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Shame you are so far away, I really need the 2 rear panels that have the covers that open on each side (the ones that go to the boot area) as mine are in pretty bad shape. Unless you are prepared to send at my expense?... then it would be 2 parts greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happy to send any bits if you can sort out a courier. Let's see how well I get them off first - trying not to damage them but it's not easy.
My postcode is PA31 8AE if you want to investigate transport.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Those interior Caravelle panels and furniture are pretty sought after and command good money. Sell them and put the money towards the conversion. Better still is remove them, insulate, sort the electric routing and and put them back in your van. If it fits your plans.
Welcome btw T:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ok, will do Hamnavoe. Might take me a few days, will check size on mine and see what quotes I get. What year is yours? Mine is 1995. I have never taken them off either, maybe someone on here can advise. TetleyT4 is right though, you could make some cash on them so let me know what your decision is.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Helen. I am sorry but I have found someone more local that wants the panels. I think you would find the cost of transport prohibitive anyway as couriers seem to think I live in the Highlands of Scotland, although I don't really!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts