VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a rear anti roll bar
Has anyone got , what's diameter , handling difference , how much and last but not least

Thanks

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do praytell dantro was it worth it and what's the rivnut gun all about

10,824 Posts
All depends really, for me it is only the start of what I need, but if your running a standard van and just want to stiffen things up a bit then yeah they're great. unfortunately for me with the bags I have on the back it only helped slightly and still need to fit the uprated front one to get anywhere near what I want.

the riv-nut gun is like a big rivet gun that fixes in the receptacles for the bar, you will need one if you are thinking of fitting yourself. there is a firm down here that can fit them but as I see your up across the boarder then brickwerks are defo worth a look at. I believe they can supply and fit for close to what you can buy for T:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried brickworks last year he didn't have any in and never got back to me
Cheers for the quick response what sort money from Vw

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Last question
What springs/ shocks & wheel size are you using would you change any of your set up
Cheers Jay

·
Registered
436 Posts
Fitting a rear arb makes a huge difference, take sall the sway out of the rear end of your van, feels packed down at the back end, 28mm is the thickest available i beleive but tbh any size will make a difference to summat thats not there at the moment. Simon at brickwerks fits them, definatley worth it , even better when you couple it up with a heavy duty front arb [27mm] corners flat as you likeT:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fitting a rear arb makes a huge difference, take sall the sway out of the rear end of your van, feels packed down at the back end, 28mm is the thickest available i beleive but tbh any size will make a difference to summat thats not there at the moment. Simon at brickwerks fits them, definatley worth it , even better when you couple it up with a heavy duty front arb [27mm] corners flat as you likeT:
Cheers Richie how much did you pay

·
Registered
436 Posts
the bar cost £225 this was 20 months ago then there was labour to simon at brickwerks, front bar was £240 plus labour, front bar comes with all bushes and bolt on drop links as oppossed to press on links, far superior to the press on 23mm jobs. Seems alot of money i know but the whole driving experience of a t4 is like night and day, smoother, tighter and safer i,d say. If ya gonna keep your van along time its worth it without doubtT:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers will be getting in touch with brickwks then can't afford fronts yet but its what I'm after is it doable if I can get a rivnut gun

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I can get under my mates ramps it's just the rivnut gun ,my dilemma is my van is sorn at mo whilst I'm not using it so if it's a ball ache to do I will wait and take it up to brickworks in the summer
Thanks again jay

10,824 Posts
at the mo i'm running -60mm from t4srus, shortened GAZ adjustable shocks, air-lift spring bags, 27mm ARB and standard torsion bars on the front and wheel wise i've got 255 30 18s on the rear and 225 35 18s on the front.

It's ok but need the 27mm RB for the front. T:

The only thing i'd change is either the front torsion bars to the greys or fit some coilovers :D I know it's a van but I want it to handle like a car I:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
at the mo i'm running -60mm from t4srus, shortened GAZ adjustable shocks, air-lift spring bags, 27mm ARB and standard torsion bars on the front and wheel wise i've got 255 30 18s on the rear and 225 35 18s on the front.

It's ok but need the 27mm RB for the front. T:

The only thing i'd change is either the front torsion bars to the greys or fit some coilovers :D I know it's a van but I want it to handle like a car I:
I know exactly what you mean about handling my work van handles better than my t4 and it's a transit ?
My wheel size is 19 s and 40mm lower but I'm not happy with the springs bottoming out (bump stops) looking for strong but not too hard springs as some times have to carry weight , suggestions welcome

1 - 20 of 23 Posts