1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys and girls
i have a question about rear calipers for vw t4 1.9td abl
at the moment i have a o/s/r caliper binding when gets warm

anyway question i wanted to ask is does anyone know if other calipers fit from different models
vw,audi,seat models fit golfs,passats etc
looking at pictures some look the same but not sure if its to do with piston size or shape
any help would be most appreciated

·
Registered
394 Posts
hi guys and girls
i have a question about rear calipers for vw t4 1.9td abl
at the moment i have a o/s/r caliper binding when gets warm

anyway question i wanted to ask is does anyone know if other calipers fit from different models
vw,audi,seat models fit golfs,passats etc
looking at pictures some look the same but not sure if its to do with piston size or shape
any help would be most appreciated
You can get a recon one for about £50 so I wouldn't bother I am sure someone will come a long soon *<:)>

·
Registered
101 Posts
May not be the actual caliper as the carrier can also seize up leading to premature wear usually on just one pad. If you can unseize the sliding bolts without them snapping and the small rubber boots are good you may be able to re grease and reassemble.
GSF do calipers on exchange but not the carrier but it is available from Brickwerks.
Know a lot about this as it was our only major technical hassle on a 40,000 mile two year trip round NZ and Oz in our T4 1.9ABL which already had 200k on the clock when we left : www.sastt.blogspot.com might amuse and inspire Forum members.T:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts