VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my T5 in to National because of a rattle on the n/s rear wheel. When the brake was depressed, rattle went away.
Told it was my pads rattling in the carrier.
Ended up with 2new sets of pads, one new calliper, 2new disks and a new abs sensor (the warning light had been coming
On)
3 days later, the rattle was back........
National say it might be the carrier that's worn?
Anyone had the same experience ....... £650 down and
I've still got the problem I went in with to begin with, and
Rattle is driving me nuts...........!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine does the same, you can get pads with sticky backs that will cure it or just but the carriers , i welded a tiny nib onto the pads and just filed it down until it was tight.
But yea, it drives ya mad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. I'm afraid joinery is my game, so the welding is out. Best I could do is stick an oak wedge behind them..... Where do I look for sticky pads? I don't know if I should be taking the van back to the garage and kicking up about it, they fitted the new pads and the rattle is still there, or is it my problem? They don't seem to enthusiastic to investigate further........ but they have already been paid!

Daview

·
Registered
54 Posts
hi ive had this before im sure you can get shims that affix to the back of the pads to stop them moving in carrier from tps , dont waste your money on buying carriers it wont fix your problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts