VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just removed my bumper to fit parking sensors and discovered that none of the underside plastic brackets have any clips on them. It looks like a sizeable hole for a clip. Does anyone know which clips they are?

My guess is the silly Allen key plastic ones.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Your guess is correct my friend
Same ones that hold the headlining up and panels in the rear of commercials

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Your guess is correct my friend
Same ones that hold the headlining up and panels in the rear of commercials
Being pedantic, they aren't the same as they are usually BLACK ones that are a lot softer. However the GREY or LIGHT GREY ones are the same size and shape and do the job just as well if not better.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers. Don't suppose you know where I can get the female part of the interior white panel clips. Like those on the panel where the seat belt is and the front side panels running from the dash to the top of the door. It's the little black clip that the white clip pushes into that I need.

Thanks for the speedy replies chaps

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Cheers. Don't suppose you know where I can get the female part of the interior white panel clips. Like those on the panel where the seat belt is and the front side panels running from the dash to the top of the door. It's the little black clip that the white clip pushes into that I need.

Thanks for the speedy replies chaps
VW they are pence..

·
Special Rapporteur
9,786 Posts
I got mine from TPS - part numbers are

Clip (black) S7H 086 729 901C
Socket (white) 357 853 586B

They actually call the socket thing a grommet - they are around 40p each.

Incidentally, a Torx bit one size up from the correct size allen key works a treat in those clips...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts